Honored Contributor

SARS-COV2 Pandemic Serosurvey and Blood Sampling study

...I got an email today, and was invited to  participate in the survey...I signed up a few months.  Was anyone else contacted about participating?

Honored Contributor

Re: SARS-COV2 Pandemic Serosurvey and Blood Sampling study

No.  What organization sent out the survey?

Honored Contributor

@tansy   This is a portion of the email they sent to me.

Hello and thank you again for your interest in the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic Serosurvey and Blood Sampling research study conducted by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) in partnership with the University of Alabama at Birmingham and the University of Pittsburgh.

Based on the answers you provided to the study screening questions, you are eligible to participate. Study enrollment includes a verbal telephone consent, virtual clinic visit, one health assessment questionnaire, and an at home blood sample collection. Below is the outline of what you will be asked during the phone call. Please remember that this is not a COVID-19 testing study, and you will not receive any test results.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Mom2Dogs.  I wouldn't want anyone coming to my home to take a blood draw:/

Honored Contributor

@tansy ....they don't come to your home...it is a self administered blood draw....finger ******.

Honored Contributor

I thought that might be the case after I posted 😜

Valued Contributor

Oh my goodness!  I would NEVER turn over my DNA ( your bloodwork) to someone who contacted me via an email!!!  I would have a whole lot of investigating of that company or organization to do before I ever would do that.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

You’re so lucky! I would love to participate. It’s an important government research study! The goal is to determine the number of people without a confirmed case of Covid who actually do have antibodies. In other words, you had an undocumented case of the virus.
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs I also wonder what organization sent this out??

No way would I turn over my DNA to some place that sent me a survey.

Honored Contributor

@Retiredpsych wrote:

Oh my goodness!  I would NEVER turn over my DNA ( your bloodwork) to someone who contacted me via an email!!!  I would have a whole lot of investigating of that company or organization to do before I ever would do that.  Good luck!

@Retiredpsych, it should be a snap to verify that it did come from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) in partnership with the University of Alabama at Birmingham and the University of Pittsburgh.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland