Honored Contributor

Re: SARAH BLAKELY SELLS SPANX FOR $1.2 BILLION AND...

@Goldengate8361 wrote:
 It is narcissistic to assume, as Ms. Blakely apparently does, that everyone would want such an "experience." Some folks do not like to travel at all.  

@Goldengate8361 

Narcissistic?   Seriously?     smh

Well, anyone who doesn't want the very generous gift is always free to decline.  This is not really any different than giving someone a gift certificate for a fine restaurant, a day at the spa or movie theater tickets.   It's very nice to get to try something new on someone else's dime.  It's also thoughtful that they can select whatever trip would appeal to them; all sorts of options to choose from, and the fun of planning whatever appeals to them.

If someone has an aversion to travel, they can always go to an upscale resort in their area.  

Another thought comes to mind  .... these are paid employees ... and probably not many are brand new to the company.   If they are really so desperate for cash, perhaps they need to learn how to better manage their money.

But as I said, they can always decline the gift.   No one is going to force anyone to have a nice vacation if they don't want it.  JMO

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 You clearly just don't get it. That is fine, of course. We just view it differently.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 You clearly just don't get it. That is fine, of course. We just view it differently.

@Goldengate8361 

LOL ... funny, I was just thinking the same thing about you not getting it.   

Well, if anyone offers you a lovely "experience" gift, you can always turn it down and say hey, no,  just give me the cash.