Honored Contributor

Re: S'Mores Frapps Are Back At Starbucks

[ Edited ]

Good to know, Pearley.  Thank you for the tip.  Okay, now I'm closer to trying it.

This past Christmas season I dared to do one of their peppermint frapp flavors and did not like it at all.  

I am such a choco/mocha/coffee-flavor enthusiast.  Nothing tickles my fancy quite like that set of flavors. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Oh, my, these are a real downfall for me.  I generally don't like SB Frappuccinos all that much - it's too much iced sugary mix for me.  But this one....oh my!  Starting with the marshmallow whipped cream on down to the choc. fudge sauce at the bottom of it (or whatever it is) I just love these.  They are a real temptation - so yummy!  I can pass on all their frapps except this one.

@Pearlee  I'm almost afraid to ask, but how many calories are in one of these babies?  My usual is a grande skinny iced mocha.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Oh, my, these are a real downfall for me.  I generally don't like SB Frappuccinos all that much - it's too much iced sugary mix for me.  But this one....oh my!  Starting with the marshmallow whipped cream on down to the choc. fudge sauce at the bottom of it (or whatever it is) I just love these.  They are a real temptation - so yummy!  I can pass on all their frapps except this one.

@Pearlee  I'm almost afraid to ask, but how many calories are in one of these babies?  My usual is a grande skinny iced mocha.

@shoesnbags   Go to the SB site - the info is all there.  The default is the grande, but I always order the tall (less caloric damage!) so you need to click on an arrow or something to get the tall size nutritional info, but it's there.   It's sweet enough that a tall is quite satisfying and I don't need the grande (on my tastebuds or my hips!)

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee, from their site, this the nutritional info for a Tall (the Grande is 490 and the Venti is 590 calories):

Nutrition Facts Per Serving (12 fl oz)  % Daily Value*

Calories 320Calories from Fat 130
Total Fat 14g22%
Saturated Fat 9g45%
Trans Fat 0g 
Cholesterol 50mg17%
Sodium 150mg6%
Total Carbohydrate 46g15%
Dietary Fiber 0g0%
Sugars 43g 
Protein 3g 
Caffeine 50mg**

Ingredients

Ice, Milk, Coffee Frappuccino Syrup [Sugar, Water, Salt, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid], Marshmallow Whipped Cream [Cream (Cream, Milk, Mono And Diglycerides, Carrageenan), Marshmallow Syrup (Sugar, Water, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate)], Milk Chocolate Sauce [Sweetened Condensed Whole Milk (Whole Milk, Sugar), Corn Syrup, Water, Sugar, Bittersweet Chocolate (Unsweetened Chocolate Processed With Potasssium Carbonate, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin), Glycerin, Natural Flavor, Soy Lecithin, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum], Coffee, Vanilla Syrup [Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid], Graham Cracker Topping [Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Whole Wheat Flour, Sugar, Palm Oil, Honey, Baking Soda, Molasses, Salt, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Soy Lecithin].

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Starbucks is overrated and overpriced, IMO. I prefer Dunkin' Donuts.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Pearlee, from their site, this the nutritional info for a Tall (the Grande is 490 and the Venti is 590 calories):

Nutrition Facts Per Serving (12 fl oz)  % Daily Value*

Calories 320Calories from Fat 130
Total Fat 14g22%
Saturated Fat 9g45%
Trans Fat 0g 
Cholesterol 50mg17%
Sodium 150mg6%
Total Carbohydrate 46g15%
Dietary Fiber 0g0%
Sugars 43g 
Protein 3g 
Caffeine 50mg**

Ingredients

Ice, Milk, Coffee Frappuccino Syrup [Sugar, Water, Salt, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid], Marshmallow Whipped Cream [Cream (Cream, Milk, Mono And Diglycerides, Carrageenan), Marshmallow Syrup (Sugar, Water, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate)], Milk Chocolate Sauce [Sweetened Condensed Whole Milk (Whole Milk, Sugar), Corn Syrup, Water, Sugar, Bittersweet Chocolate (Unsweetened Chocolate Processed With Potasssium Carbonate, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin), Glycerin, Natural Flavor, Soy Lecithin, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum], Coffee, Vanilla Syrup [Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid], Graham Cracker Topping [Enriched Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Whole Wheat Flour, Sugar, Palm Oil, Honey, Baking Soda, Molasses, Salt, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Soy Lecithin].

Boy, after reading these ingredients I'm sort of turned off.  LOTS of bad stuff and 43g of sugar?  Holy Smokes!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Important update, esp. for @golding76 

I had my first one of these (and maybe last) yesterday evening and was so disappointed!   I went and asked the barista who had made mine whether she had used the marshmallow whipped cream, because it tasted almost just  like regular whipped cream to me.  She confirmed she had and when I commented she said: "I thought the same thing!   They must have changed the formula for the marshmallow whipped cream this year because I didn't think it tasted very marshmallow-y either, same as you."

The marshmallow whipped cream really made this drink special and irresistable to me (it's both on top of the drink and towards the bottom too, just above the chocolate (or fudge) that's at the bottom).  So there is a double dose of whipped cream and that marshmallow was "to die for" as the saying goes.  I still do like the rest of the drink, but it will no longer be a craving for me.  I think I may try one more, just to confirm that the barista did use the whipped cream she was supposed to use, but if that's the case, I withdraw my recommendation of this drink.  Yes, it's good but not nearly as special without the whipped cream they used to use for it.