Honored Contributor

S'Mores Frapps Are Back At Starbucks

[ Edited ]

Oh, my, these are a real downfall for me.  I generally don't like SB Frappuccinos all that much - it's too much iced sugary mix for me.  But this one....oh my!  Starting with the marshmallow whipped cream on down to the choc. fudge sauce at the bottom of it (or whatever it is) I just love these.  They are a real temptation - so yummy!  I can pass on all their frapps except this one.

EDITING TO ADD:   I had my first one of the season last evening and am withdrawing my rave recommendation of it because the "new" marshmallow whipped cream tastes only slightly different from the regular whipped cream (barista confirmed they must have changed formulas for it this year because she thought as I do).   Read my post beflow in red for further elaboration, but if I had already had one this year, I wouldn't have posted this thread recommending it.  It's still good, but not "you must have one" good, since the marshmallow whipped cream really made it special.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: S'Mores Frapps Are Back At Starbucks

I got one a month ago. I only get one a summer as I don’t like to drink my calories. It was pretty good.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

That sounds so good right now!

Honored Contributor

I haven’t been to starbucks for about three years.I used to go daily but that was getting too expensive.I didn’t order the sweet drinks though.I prefer my drink to be strong so I got two shots and some fat free foam....nothing to miss there,

Hope you enjoy your fancy drinks.I bet they taste wonderful on a hot day.

Honored Contributor

Gee, thanks, Pearley, now something else to capture my interest that will keep my rolls around my tummy.   LOL

My weakness is the Mocha Frappuccino Soy, and I treat myself to one a couple times per month.  I never buy anything larger than a "Tall," so I do try to contain my caloric intake a bit.

But S'Mores!  I never really noticed that offering because I have my one and only fave, as mentioned.  Thinking to switch out to try this S'Mores confection.

Honored Contributor

@golding76   Do try it once!  I think you will be pleased.   Oh, that marshmallow whipped cream....... yumm......

Honored Contributor

Has anyone had one since I posted this thread? 

Respected Contributor

I live about 30 mi. from the nearest Starbucks, so, no I've not yet had a chance to try one.  I love SB frappucino's - I usually just get a tall coffee, no whipped cream, unless they ask me if I want whip cream, and then I say Yes Please!!

I have to settle for the little bottles sold in the stores and I only buy them when they are on sale.  They're tasty too, but not quite the same as an icy one made fresh at the shop.

Woman Sad

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Pearley,

I drove up to my local Starbucks and did what I knew I'd do:  I ordered my standby -- the  Mocha Frappuccino soy.  Just could not bring myself to try the S'Mores because, to tell the truth, whenever I've tried another "flavor," I have not liked the taste.  Yes, I'm a bit of a stick-in-the-mud.

Let's face it, when it comes to laying down my $5.14 for a coffee, I want my assured pleasure.

Sorry to disappoint.  

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Pearley,

I drove up to my local Starbucks and did what I knew I'd do:  I ordered my standby -- the  Mocha Frappuccino soy.  Just could not bring myself to try the S'Mores because, to tell the truth, whenever I've tried another "flavor," I have not liked the taste.  Yes, I'm a bit of a stick-in-the-mud.

Let's face it, when it comes to laying down my $5.14 for a coffee, I want my assured pleasure.

Sorry to disappoint.  

@golding76   Oh, that's OK you didn't disappoint.  However, are you aware that if they make you a drink and you don't like it, that you can tell them that and they are happy to make you another.  So if you don't like the s'mores one, you can trade it in for a mocha frapp.   On the other hand, you might love it and then be hooked like i am which isn't a good thing.  But really, if you want to try it and don't like it, they'll be happy to give you the one you know you like instead.   SB always will do that.