Honored Contributor

Re: Ruth Ginsberg special on CNN

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Speaking of Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor is going to be on the Season Premier of The View tomorrow. She doesn’t bend my way but I can listen to different views. The goody good I am.

@Nancy Drew

Gonna DVR it like I do everything I watch. Not forbidden from watching that one. Talking live and answering, allows a person to learn, agree with what they are saying or not. Much different than a filmed interview, or "special", to me anyways. She didn't get to that level without lots of hard work. We just don't agree on much.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

That was totally FANTASTIC....in my book.

I didn't know she has had 2 bouts battling cancer.  

Honored Contributor

I admire her to the nth degree and beyond. What a life, what a woman. And a man, her late husband, who believed in her and was not threatened in any way by her success. What a beautiful relationship they had.

Excellent show.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@hckynut.....who the heck has forbidden you from watching it????  Stand up for your rights....lol

Respected Contributor

I had no idea she argued for the integration of VMI or that the air force didn't pay women recruits the way they paid men. Or that men weren't allowed to get SS benefits if their wife died.  Justice RBG has done a lot of good in her lifetime!

The relationship with her husband sure was something to admire. He was a man before his time.

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@libbyannE......another person I would have loved to have met in real life was John McCain.  I admired him a lot.....he was a wonderful man.

@ShowMe- I had the pleasure of meeting this fine man four times.  He is everything people say about him and more.  A true patriot. 

How lucky for you.  How did you get to do that 4 times????

Honored Contributor

I admire RBG even more after seeing this special!   Such a wise and dignified woman.  Such quiet strength. 

Now to find some white lace collars to wear with darker sweaters...

Honored Contributor

Well, it's that time of the night for me to be signing off of the Q.....  Do need to get ready for bed now.  It has been a long day, and normally I am in bed by this time.  I do need more sleep now than I have ever before.  Guess it is my body's way of telling me those horrible treatments have been busy working.

Will check back in tomorrow to see if anyone else has posted.

Sweet dreams everyone.

Respected Contributor

Sleep well @ShowMe.

Esteemed Contributor

I got this from my library and it was nice to watch without commercials.  I obviously knew a bit about her but was quite surprised to learn so much more.  What an amazing woman, such dedication.  I certainly see her in a new light.