Honored Contributor

Re: Ruth Ginsberg special on CNN

Please reread my reply, Sydney

I am writing about the "civility in our country" that will suffer if we refuse to listen to one another's point of view.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch that channel anyway.  Thanks for the warning.

Honored Contributor

People wear their disdain for a certain network or politician or whatever as though it is a badge of honor.

Sad.

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe

@ShowMe wrote:

@maestra.....as I've said to those that don't want to watch.....that's their choice.  

and your point is...?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@ShowMe- why so constantly snarky?
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

What a great informative thread to go south. I believe it's being done deliberately to have it go poof. Mods don't poof it but close it if you must.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple  I did not state why I'm not watching-that would get the thread poofed.

It is the snarky commentary on my 'pass' that will get the thread closed.

I have other reasons for not watching... that's all.

Respected Contributor

@bathina wrote:

I had no idea she argued for the integration of VMI or that the air force didn't pay women recruits the way they paid men. Or that men weren't allowed to get SS benefits if their wife died.  Justice RBG has done a lot of good in her lifetime!

The relationship with her husband sure was something to admire. He was a man before his time.

I absolutely love RBG. If you loved the movie and her relationship with Martin, I recommend checking out the book Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, by Irin Cameron and Shana Knizhnik. Some of it was covered in the movie, but the book has so many more details about Martin. He was her true champion, from beginning to end. And the book has many more details about her years in school, which they kind of glossed over in the movie in the interest of time. They made it very difficult for her.

That tiny woman has been overcoming mountainous obstacles like they were grains of sand in her way. What a hero she is!

Honored Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:
@ShowMe- why so constantly snarky?

@physicsnut.....maybe I wasn't being snarky....like I am now.  You asked for it.  You don't know me, and I don't know you....OK????