Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ruth Ginsberg special on CNN

@JaneMarple wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

I don't know much about her except that she is a supreme court justice and has oversome some medical challenges at an advanced age.

What else is special about her?

Watch the show to find out.

@JaneMarpleSo you don't know either.  LOL!  I don't get CNN...or any other cable/DISH/etc. network.

Keepin' it real.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

I don't know much about her except that she is a supreme court justice and has oversome some medical challenges at an advanced age.

What else is special about her?

Watch the show to find out.

@JaneMarpleSo you don't know either.  LOL!  I don't get CNN...or any other cable/DISH/etc. network.

@esmerelda I know plenty because I READ, love to cross reference any given subject besides seeing a good documentary.  BTW Try Youtube Woman Wink 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

Excellent show. Very interesting. 

Im sure CNN will show it quite a few more times, if you missed it. 

Honored Contributor

I like all sorts of people I might not agree with. I think it is lovely, that she ,and justice Scalia, were friends. It speaks well of them both

Honored Contributor

cherry,

If I limited my friends and agreeable family members to the political party I tend to embrace, I'd have quite a few of my closest friends and family missing.  And I'd miss them and their sweet selves.

How glad I am that I was brought up to be open-minded and to judge people by their character, by who they are and their actual acts, and not some superficially imposed criteria typically drawn up by self-serving folks.

I delight in differences and am open to the new and unknown.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda......It is all in the show......when she started out in the beginning and to today.  She is a very smart woman.....and devoted to her position on the Supreme Court.  

Honored Contributor

@golding76  I like so many people here. Sometimes we agree ,and sometimes not. There are lines in the sand, I will not cross ,but, I can still reach across and give them a hug

Good Pope John used to say ,when he saw a wall  dividing religons ,he always tried to reach out, and pull out a few bricks

So many of you are generous of spirit, and have a kind nature, and I love you for that, even when I am behind a line , I can not step over, but those lines are very rare ,for me

Honored Contributor

Something I recall from my youth made me chuckle. 

My dad was quite naturally a kind and gentle person.  He treated anyone he encountered respectfully.  Always.  What a wonderful model he was for me.

My mother, on the other hand, was a forceful and vocal type.  She believed to her core that no one should think he or she was better than another.  Apparently, as a young girl, I could sometimes show what we then called "snootiness."  My mother, God bless her, would quickly reprimand me and ask me if I thought I was better than this other person.  This happened a few times during my formative years, and I soon got the message.  LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:
Will not watch.

No one is telling you to.  That's your choice.

@ShowMe Why is it that everyone that posts  that they aren't t going to watch or are going to pass you post "no one is telling you to" ?  Yes it is there choice just as it is yours to watch the interview ,  geez😼oh and I'm certainly passing as well . Although she may be a good mother , wife etc.  and I'm sure she is ,  her leanings politically are so not mine.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:
Will not watch.

No one is telling you to.  That's your choice.

@ShowMe Why is it that everyone that posts  that they aren't t going to watch or are going to pass you post "no one is telling you to" ?  Yes it is there choice just as it is yours to watch the interview ,  geez😼oh and I'm certainly passing as well . Although she may be a good mother , wife etc.  and I'm sure she is ,  her leanings politically are so not mine.

@Kitty Galore.....Well, let's put it this way.....that is what I was thinking.  And, I'll tell you the same thing....."that's your choice" not to watch it.