Honored Contributor

Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for tumor on her pancreas 7 mins ago

What a fighter!

WASHINGTON, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Liberal U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has completed a three-week course of radiation therapy to treat a cancerous tumor on her pancreas, a court spokeswoman said on Friday.

The 86-year old justice tolerated the therapy well and no further treatment is required, spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said in a statement.

An abnormality was first detected in July, and the tumor was identified following a biopsy performed on July 31 at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.

"She canceled her annual summer visit to Santa Fe, but has otherwise maintained an active schedule," Arberg said.

"The tumor was treated definitively and there is no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body," the spokeswoman added.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg treated for tumor on her pancreas 7 mins ago

@SeaMaiden   I had just read it before you posted.  What a woman she is!!!   RBG is one tough lady. 

The older I get the less I understand why people that do good and having done so much to help others have these things happen. Meanwhile, terrible, selfish people keep going sometimes hurting others in the process without anything happening to them.

Honored Contributor

Justice RUTH BADER GINSBURG

A Strong,  Intelligent, Successful, Woman

Congratulations, and Best Wishes For You ❤️🌹🤗 

@SeaMaiden  thanks for posting

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I got an email from CNN about this right before I saw your post.  She has been through so much.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I hope her health lasts ,and she can enjoy the rest of her life. She must be a lot stronger than she looks. I am pleased to say

Honored Contributor

She should have retired last time around.

Honored Contributor

She has been through so much yet still somehow comes out on top; I suspect it is her strong will.

So It's hard to fathom anyone making a snide comment instead of either wishing this woman well or saying nothing at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sincerely hope that most people have the kindness, and generosity of spirit to rejoice for anyone who has managed to subdue the cancer beast not once, but twice.  

unnecessary jabs, are just that.

🙂

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I got a message about this awhile ago. I am so sorry. She is an alumna of my university and a great trailblazer for women. I pray she recovers and can resume her important place on the court.