Respected Contributor

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized

That is so sad.

My prayers and thoughts go out to her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

She is such a thin woman. She has no padding when she falls. I hope she isn't hurt too seriously

@cherry  True just a wee person, really.  I read she actually went home first after she fell, and then decided the hospital was needed.  Now that's a person who thinks beyond herself.

@Cakers3 I don’t know what you mean by she thinks beyond herself. What action in this instance shows that she thinks beyond herself?

She probably went home thinking there was no damage done and that any pain would lessen overnight. And when it didn’t, she decided to seek medical attention. No mystery to me. And I don’t think anything unusual.

So… What do you mean by your last comment?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Bless her! 85 years old!

http://i.embpersons.com/cute/org/d6ba5e65ce69.png

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope she has a full recovery.  Maybe it is time for her to step down.

Respected Contributor

When I first heard about this, I was terrified she broke her hip. She's an amazing woman and I hope she recovers quickly.

QVC Customer Care

Regular Contributor

wait to see what happens.Wishing her well.
Honored Contributor

Amazing that she is still working at 85. She must enjoy it, I would long be retired.

Respected Contributor

From my own reading about osteoporosis the best thing is preventing a fall!  Does she use a walker??  My Dad wouldn't use his and was falling all over the place!  He would tell us to bring it along but wouldn't use it...said IF he fell down then he might want to use it!  At the Assisted Living place they wouldn't let him out of a wheelchair....he was so mad yelling at us to bring up the walker (he wouldn't use) as they had carpet here and if he fell it would be ok.  WHAT! LOL  He ended up with a vertebra fracture in the lower spine...so painful. 

Honored Contributor

Amazing woman, I wish her all the best in her recovery. She had cancer and didn't miss work. That's fortitude and dedication.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"