Honored Contributor

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg RIP

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I imagine Justices Ginsburg and Scalia enjoying Rigoletto and a glass of fine wine.  Oh that such disparate ideologies could coexist as elegantly here on Earth.

@deepwaterdotter 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Together again.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

A magnificent human being and treasure to our society.  

Women's Rights.

Gender Equality.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Occasional Contributor

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all the quotes, @golding76.   I need to keep those.

RBG fought for all our rights - especially rights for women.  Our country has changed because of her.  She should be a hero for everyone.  She is for me.  I knew this was coming, but still a shock... just because.  Rest in peace, RBG.   You will definitely be missed.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

While I did not always agree with her, I admired her very much. 

I loved that she could put ideoloogy aside and be good friends with Scalia - and that she commended Kavanaugh for having all female clerks - apparently a first for the Court.

Valued Contributor

I am not Jewish but I just learned that in the Jewish faith a person who dies on Rosh Hashanah is said to be a person of great righteousness. How fitting she died on this holy day.

To think that this daughter of immigrants had the courage to go to lawschool, become valedictorian and was unable to even be considered for employment anywhere in NYC is a reminder of how far we as women have come because of the persistence and activism of a brave few.

Honored Contributor

And she was asked by a dean at Harvard law school why she was there "taking the place of a man"🤢

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

A person one can really look up to, she was a fighter, her absence from the court will be missed.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Last night one of her law clerks was on Rachel Maddow and he said they were like a family. I think in her career she had 159 law clerks.

He said when his daughter was born Justice Ginsburg sent a shirt with Grandclerk on it.

That tiny woman made a huge impact.  Good things do come in small packages.

Respected Contributor

Although we knew her health was deteriorating, when the 'breaking news' reported her passing, I had the feeling of falling into a vast abyss.

Knowing RBG, she's likely holding court in the 'better place.' The one we hope will receive us, when our time comes.  But sadly, we will not be a better place without her.  

I can't count the number of times, when I had serious issues to contend with, that I would say to self:  What would RBG do?  I reminded myself she would trudge on against all obstacles and so could I.  She will be greatly missed. RIP RBG!