Respected Contributor

May her memory be a blessing. Baruch Dayan Ha'Emet. Yehi zichro mahapecha. Yehi zichro baruch.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor
She's going to be buried in Arlington National Cemetery. I am assuming (perhaps erroneously) that her late husband Marty is not buried there, so if that is the case, I'm a little surprised she isn't going to be next to him. Theirs was such a great love story.

Marty deserves much credit for all his encouragement and for lobbying greatly for her appointment to the Supreme Court. I'm in my late 60s and saw the whole women's movement unfold during the 1960s and 1970s. My mother was a working woman, prominent in her field, but my father was terribly discouraging. He wanted a cook and housekeeper for a wife. His attitude made for an unhappy marriage, but it was not at all an unusual one for the times - my parents married in 1945. So kudos to Marty and his lack of ego for encouraging his wife to shine and be the best she could be. I wish my father had done that for my mom.

@Hippified, I'm sure you meant Sandra Day O'Connor. 🙂
Honored Contributor
RGB had the rare ability to befriend those who she disagreed with politically and philosophically and become lifelong friends.... Antonio Scalia was only one example. She served the country well.

Esteemed Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

I am not Jewish but I just learned that in the Jewish faith a person who dies on Rosh Hashanah is said to be a person of great righteousness. How fitting she died on this holy day.

To think that this daughter of immigrants had the courage to go to lawschool, become valedictorian and was unable to even be considered for employment anywhere in NYC is a reminder of how far we as women have come because of the persistence and activism of a brave few.

@nevergivesup yes, I jsut saw this with  RBG's passing.  And how fitting- my beloved Dad passed away on Rosh Hashanah 2014. Heart

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
She's going to be buried in Arlington National Cemetery. I am assuming (perhaps erroneously) that her late husband Marty is not buried there, so if that is the case, I'm a little surprised she isn't going to be next to him. Theirs was such a great love story.

Marty deserves much credit for all his encouragement and for lobbying greatly for her appointment to the Supreme Court. I'm in my late 60s and saw the whole women's movement unfold during the 1960s and 1970s. My mother was a working woman, prominent in her field, but my father was terribly discouraging. He wanted a cook and housekeeper for a wife. His attitude made for an unhappy marriage, but it was not at all an unusual one for the times - my parents married in 1945. So kudos to Marty and his lack of ego for encouraging his wife to shine and be the best she could be. I wish my father had done that for my mom.

@Hippified, I'm sure you meant Sandra Day O'Connor. 🙂

Oops, lack of sleep!  Thanks @Pearlee 

Honored Contributor

She was/is a great example of what can be achieved with dedication and hard work. She should be an inspiration to all that think things are impossible to achieve because of!

Condolences to her family and may she Rest in Peace. 🇺🇸 ♥️

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

The late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will be buried at Arlington National Cemetery, where her husband was buried a decade ago.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Honored Contributor

She was 21 when she married Martin

https___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_190823154619-09-alt-justice-ruth-bader-ginsberg.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Ruth Bader Ginsburg RIP

[ Edited ]

This thread has remained the tribute thread that RBG deserves. Please don't ruin that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"