QVC Customer Care

Re: 😮 Russia banned from Winter Olympics 😮

This post has been removed by QVC because due to the inappropriate content.

Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

It also eliminates a lot of competition for us and many!!! How convenient.

But I really think doping is disgusting, all parties involved should pay the price.

not necessarily.....SOME russian athetes will be allowed to compete under the olympic banner and not the russian flag, i hope that those who are true competitors will be allowed to excel in their sport.

i am so looking forward to the olympics! i always enjoy watching the games.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My personal opinion is that the Olympics should just end.... it  has become more and more political, messy, and  so dangerous in today's society with terrorisim.  Plus it has just become big business.  Not much of the real purpose for the games  is left anymore.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

My personal opinion is that the Olympics should just end.... it  has become more and more political, messy, and  so dangerous in today's society with terrorisim.  Plus it has just become big business.  Not much of the real purpose for the games  is left anymore.

I tend to agree in part, but would be just as happy to see them scaled back and simplified. Like just about everything else, they've gone over the top.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden   ITA , Countries that cant really afford it spend billions on buildings which will just fall into ruins.  The terrorist threat must be a nightmare for security and probably will only get worst.  Recall the sanitary nightmare of swimmers in Brazil in their filthy, polluted water.  With global warming are we going to have winter weather in the winter venues?  Everybody is out to see if they can get away with cheating; they even have to check the horses in the equestrian events.  You're right, they need to go.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I totally agree!!

Honored Contributor

I like the Olympics. I like having athletes and teams that a country can rally around and support. I like the pageantry of it all. The opening ceremonies, the parade of nations, the more obscure events that you normally don't even know exist. I think they're fun. Do some people/organizations cheat? Sure. But they also get caught these days.

I do think the new location every four years is a bit over the top. I'd like to see them pick a full time location for each the summer and winter Olympics. Greece would be the obvious choice for the summer Olympics since that's where it all started. For the winter Olympics, pick a location where the weather is nearly always favorable for the winter Olympics. That would eliminate much of the graft and corruption we've seen by those cities/states/countries competing for the Olympics and contain the costs. 

When countries compete for big events like the Olympics or World Cup, corruptions always takes over. If you pick Greece as the full time site for the summer Olympics then use weather records to find the ideal location for the winter Olympics, you'd eliminate all of that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I hope they can continue. It's a good thing for people who like sports and for the athletes

What a drab world it would be, if everything that gives us pleasure is banned

Spoiler
Woman Sad
Esteemed Contributor

I am glad that they pulled Russia out, but at the same time, I used to teach Ballet to a Gymnastic team.   Those kids work so hard, and this is a shame for them.  I worked with a Russian coach and those kids in Russia are taken away and live in the Gym.  I feel sorry for them.  He was very hard on the girls, and in my mind it was abuse.  He would pinch their legs and tell them they were getting fat, and they were far from fat. I would never put a child of mine in that situation.  

Honored Contributor

Good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.