Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,034
Registered: ‎06-29-2015

Re: Rudy's 3 aunts gave their own press conference

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Cakers3 ,Why do you read the threads on this case,if your not interested.It is a mystery what is going on with it.


@goldensrbest  Why not?

 

We don't need a new thread every time.

 

I am interested but in case you misread I said verifiable facts.

 

Just because I am not jumping on the speculation bandwagon doesn't mean my input cannot be posted.

 

Have a good day.


@Cakers3, I disagree. A new thread is initiated when there is new news to report. I find it convenient, as many others may also find it to be.

Initial thread.

Might it be a hoax?

Press conference

Aunts hold their own...

@Mindy D is merely keeping us up to speed, and I find nothing wrong with that. I think she's doing a great job.

 

It's much the same with any newsworthy item.

 

It keeps the boards moving, which is also a good thing.

 

*edited

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,967
Registered: ‎07-26-2014

Re: Rudy's 3 aunts gave their own press conference

Story has more holes than slices of.......

 

proxy-image.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."


220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor
Posts: 41,176
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Rudy's 3 aunts gave their own press conference


@Cakers3 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Cakers3 ,Why do you read the threads on this case,if your not interested.It is a mystery what is going on with it.


@goldensrbest  Why not?

 

We don't need a new thread every time.

 

I am interested but in case you misread I said verifiable facts.

 

Just because I am not jumping on the speculation bandwagon doesn't mean my input cannot be posted.

 

Have a good day.


 

 

@Cakers3 

 

 

i tend to agree.

i find it much easier to follow along on a twisted story such as this one if it is all on one thread instead of being spread out on 4 or 5 threads.

********************************************
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,001
Registered: ‎01-11-2014

Re: Rudy's 3 aunts gave their own press conference

I just now watched a taping of the press conference held by the Houston PD on YouTube. Were the participants actual police officers? They were totally unprepared, seem to know very little about the case, and they really needed a spokesperson who was skilled in public speaking. I agree that one of the officers was confrontational toward the press. He sounded more like police rep begging the city for additional funding. This certainly was, is and remains a mystery, and the "kidnap victim's" name wa barely even mentioned. I assuming the FBI was contacted to aid in the investigation. If not, someone better got on the phone ASAP. The vultures are circling, and the local PD doesn't seem as though they want to be bothered.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,969
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Rudy's 3 aunts gave their own press conference

How I see it, Texas law enforcement doesn't seem to be very efficient when it comes to crimes when the victims are lower income, non-white people.

 

I feel so sorry for this young man.  I hope he is getting help, but where can he get it?  What exactly are his options?

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,796
Registered: ‎12-22-2013

Re: Rudy's 3 aunts gave their own press conference


@Mindy D wrote:

@sabatini wrote:

This is all whackadoo! Up is down, and down is up.

 

I don't understand why he's back with his mom?

 

Perhaps this entire family is of special needs?


@sabatini @According to the HPD in their press conference, he chose to go with her and he's a 25 year old man and they did not try to stop him.

 

According to his three aunts, his mother's sisters, he is not with his mother now but is with someone else that they did not name. The aunts sounded pretty credible to me. 


They said mom is missing and she has weapons

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,796
Registered: ‎12-22-2013

Re: Rudy's 3 aunts gave their own press conference


@Estellee wrote:

@Mindy D I listened to the 3 aunts press conference, the police need to listen to them. I agree they do sound credible, so does Quanell X press conference.


Quan said officers were in the room.  This is so strange.  Neighbors reported to police that he was not missing and it seems police did not follow up.  Sister had a point.  Do they not check ID's?  And why was he unresponsive in front of a church.  Is this a big cover up for something else.  Quan said the boy had been drugged, why didn't police do drug tests. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,837
Registered: ‎05-18-2017

Re: Rudy's 3 aunts gave their own press conference


@Cakers3 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Cakers3 ,Why do you read the threads on this case,if your not interested.It is a mystery what is going on with it.


@goldensrbest  Why not?

 

We don't need a new thread every time.

 

I am interested but in case you misread I said verifiable facts.

 

Just because I am not jumping on the speculation bandwagon doesn't mean my input cannot be posted.

 

Have a good day.


So what if there are new threads??  Skip over them if you're not interested.  Thank you to @Mindy D for keeping us updated.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,510
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: Rudy's 3 aunts gave their own press conference

[ Edited ]

SOME UPDATES FROM LAST NIGHT AND TODAY

 

1.  Rudy's eldest aunt, Pauline Sanchez, was able to meet with him yesterday at the friend's home where he is staying. She said he is doing well but he no longer wants to stay with his mother. This is the first time she's been able to see him in eight years. She said he plans to stay away from his mother. She said she didn't ask him about specifics regarding the case and she also said she feels that he's been traumatized. His aunt said she had to avoid a reporter that was following her while she was driving to the home.

The report I read was in NBC News and entitled Houston man whose mother said he was missing no longer wants contact with her, aunt says, by Deon J. Hampton

 

2.  Quenelle X spoke with "Independent" online in a report entitled "Activist doubles down on claims Rudy Farias was abused by his mother after confusing police denial", by Sheila Flynn and Bevin Hurley.

In this interview Quenelle strongly stands by his description of Rudy's telling of his story to him, reaffirming that a police officer was present with him and Rudy the entire time Rudy was describing his ordeal of abuse. He said that they had an officer there and questioned HPD's denial that they heard of no abuse when the officer was there the entire time. Houston police on Thursday's presser denied that there was evidence that Rudy was abused.

Quanelle said, of Rudy's state of mind:

“The kid was distraught ... absolutely distraught,” Quanell X said of Mr Farias’ demeanour in the police interview. “He went back and forth; he acted like a teenager, then he would act 20...is he 23 or 25? He went back and forth between like a child state to a mature state.”

 

 

This is a good interview and there's a short written report which describes Rudy's state of mind during the meeting. Q describes Rudy as articulate and not nonverbal. 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,976
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Rudy's 3 aunts gave their own press conference

He told  that his mom made him sleep in her bed,and she did things to him,no person should do,why has she not been charged for that?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.