Regular Contributor

Re: Rudeness In Stores Not Caring About Customers!

This isn't about the scents but awful employees in stores, i witnessed the service desk crew being all friendly with this one customers treating her like a friend but as soon as she walked away they all trashed her something awful to next customer, me, I felt so bad for her, the management was also part of this, I stopped shopping there.

Honored Contributor

The manger had the biggest attitude, so we figured the rudeness started with her, the fact that they had to "wash a bowl" and it took  close to 30 minutes to get our salad, meant to me, she was not doing her job and keeping things moving

QualityGal wrote:

I am still oxox wrote:

Last week hubby and I split a salad at Smashburger, when the person brought over the salad, she said oh are you splitting  I will get you another bowl. Ten minutes goes by and no bowl so I stop her and she says oh we are washing it, another 5 minutes goes by and another person brings out a bowl, which reeked of bleach and I say it smells like bleach to which she replies. I CANT DEAL WITH YOU , or some such thing.

Service was beyond horrible and the servers were rude. This is the first and last time well will go to this location

I hope no tip, and that you spoke to someone in charge this. How can they correct a behavior, if they have no knowledge about it?  Tell them. The owners of the store/shop/restaurant, may not have done this to you, so don't hurt their business. I say, let it be brought to their attention on why they could be losing customers. That seems fair.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Big mouth me would have told that checker and rude other customer that they could use a little perfume because they STINK! And then I'd give'em a stinkeye they would never forget and report that checker to management. But that's just big mouth me.Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with several posters who commented that the elderly often start losing their sense of smell.  Like vision, hearing, etc.  This lady in the supermarket seemed to be having a wonderful day until some cruel people ruined it.  A lot of elderly don't get out as much as they used to, and even a trip to the market can be a big deal for some.

This thread evolved into a huge conversation about allergies and scents that posters don't like.  Yes, allergies are significant, but the way those people acted, with deliberate cruelty, to this elderly woman is beyond belief.  I would much rather tolerate heavy perfume than be anywhere around those terrible people.

Esteemed Contributor

That could have been me, except for the perfume.  I was in line at a pharmacy when a person about 40,S yelled out, you must have really taken a lot of time to plan y  it outfit, you are so matchy, matchy.  (Cursor won,t move to correct above).

My generation always was well dressed, even as teens.

Esteemed Contributor

It might have been one store that day for her, but read my post, the rudeness and being invisible is out there everyday for the elderly.  Now having said that, some elderly are rude themselves, but on the whole, the younger society today have been thought no manners because their parents have no manners.  Their noses have been on the iPhone and iPad too much and not on their children.

On the positive side, there are still some decent people out there.  For example, a young man helped me yesterday at the AMIMAL Er, carrying my cat cage for me, while the staff stood around and didn,t even catch the door as I was struggling.

Honored Contributor

This is just an observation just like to throw it in. LOL (never heard of splitting a salad)

I was at the post office the other day and this young girl was in there with the shortest short shorts I ever saw in my life. Thought at first she had left home with her panties on LOL just barely covered her cheeks if she had bent over , well, it would had been a riot at the post office LOL Guess she kept a razor handy. ROFL

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT@Totally agree with you about the rudeness in the store to this woman. 

Valued Contributor

So sad for the elderly lady who had dignity and class, two things that are sorely lacking in today's society, IMO. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yet the stores have large perfume counters, and the Q sells lot of fragrant s.