Honored Contributor

Re: Rudeness In Stores Not Caring About Customers!

@occasionalrain wrote:
  • This seems a case of two rudes don't make a right. Both the perfume wearer, whose only thought was to please her grandaughter and zero regard for offending the noses of others, and those who commented on her offence. None of the three were considerate, all lacked mannrs.

@occasionalrain

That would seem to implicate you, also, since you just commented on what you consider to be the offence of others.

Honored Contributor

Scent is subjective, what is pleasing to one is nauseating to another. We can avert our eyes when something disgusts us but not our noses or our ears. It's presumptuous to force strangers to smell us. While few of us want to hear the cell conversations of strangers, hearing what should be private won't affect our health.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:
  • This seems a case of two rudes don't make a right. Both the perfume wearer, whose only thought was to please her grandaughter and zero regard for offending the noses of others, and those who commented on her offence. None of the three were considerate, all lacked mannrs.

@occasionalrain

That would seem to implicate you, also, since you just commented on what you consider to be the offence of others.

Pick, pick, pick.

Reminds me of a dripping faucet.

Honored Contributor

Isn't that drip drip drip?

Honored Contributor

I recently sat next to a nicely dressed woman at a play.  She was well doused in what was probably expensive perfume but for some reason it made me sneeze.  I sneezed all through the play.  Some times you just have to put up with it as best you can.  She was annoyed with me because I was sneezing!

My mother used to wear Estee Lauder and the minute she got in the car I had to roll down the window.  That stuff is overpowering.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

So it is okay to call people rude, say they do not care, and they have no manners, but it is not okay to comment on a fragrance?

I think you missed that the elderly woman was hurt.  The folks commenting just wanted to mouth off without cosidering the woman's feelings. 

My daily mail carrriers wear strong scents I don't care for but I don't comment.  They have a job to do and I want them to do it - even with their strong scents for a temporary while. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Clearly if it could be smelled over in the next lane she had to have had on much too much. WAY TOO MUCH. That said - yes the check out girl should have kept quiet. Maybe just a nod to te customer who was commenting who was also extremely rude.

Trusted Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@occasionalrain

Pick, pick, pick.

Reminds me of a dripping faucet.

If you are referring to post #31, I agree with you.

Trusted Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

welcome to the 21st century.  society is "reaping what it sowed"  remember---"can't hurt their self esteem"?  hello, the chickens have now come home!

hnj

I agree.  What would have frosted their flakes was for the LOL to go to the manager and complain.  About both.  Cant do much about the ignoramous customer, but, the checker that chimed in?????Maybe she should be out looking for more appropriate work...A snake charmer perhaps.

Trusted Contributor

No offense Chrystal tree, I am frankly tired of the "forgiveness mantra"   IMHO, the forgiveness mantra amounts to an ecclesiastical whiteout whereby no one ever bears any responsibility for the actions that harm others.