Honored Contributor

The only thing I could think of is that she could have dementia?  Or a bad cold?  That's a lot of Kleenex 

Respected Contributor
I find it strange you watched her go into your purse three times, HH.
Honored Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

The only thing I could think of is that she could have dementia?  Or a bad cold?  That's a lot of Kleenex 

Yes....or maybe she was on allergy or cold meds that caused her to act a bit loopy?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Rude woman I met today

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

I have to have my drivers license, my phone, my epi pen and my inhaler with me at all times - that would not all fit in that LG bag. besides the things that are in my purse are there because they are things I want to take with me when I am out and about in case I need them. Why would I go out and leave things like my wallet at home ? 

I totally understand, as I need to carry an asthma inhaler around with me, too.

I use a crossbody handbag now, since I use a walker, anyway. This way I can maintain control of my walker to have my hands free, and not worry about what my handbag is doing, and know that it is always with me.

I think that it would be a good idea too, for you to use one as well, like others have suggested, when you are at the food pantry. This way, you don't have to worry about where your handbag is while you're busy at the pantry.

You could always get a smaller more light-weight bag that will hold just the essentials that you need, so that it doesn't weigh you down while you are trying to work.

I'm so sorry that this happened to you, where someone went into your handbag like that. Smiley Surprised Smiley Sad

God bless you for all of the good that you are trying to do. 

Edited for typos.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Working at the foodbank - many volunteers because of the postal food drive yesterday. We all had our purses stting on a counter. So I notice a young woman goes into my purse and takes out a kleenex, odd but whatever, then I see her do it again 2 more times so I said , you know that is my purse , your welcome to the whole pak of kleenex but I'd appreciate if you wouldn't go in my purse - and I handed her the remainder of the kleenex I had. She said it was her purse, I said no it's mine, and I reached in to take out my wallet and show her my license. She said - Hey, that's not my wallet. and I said that's because this is my purse - and this is my wallet. She then waves the back of her hand at me and walks away. Holy cow - wouldn't you at least apologize? A little bit later as I was leaving she saw me and said I need to be certain I had the right purse, I said I do and walked out. However, before I got in the car I looked to be sure. She really skeeved me out, mostly because she didn't even seem to realize she had done something wrong and should apologize and because if I looked into someone else's purse thinking it was mine, I would surely recognize that this wasn't my stuff inside, but she did  not seem to realize.I did look to be sure nothing like cash or a cc was missingbecause sometimes these pickpockets can be pretty slick, but all she took were kleenex.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

You should have said something the first time.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rude woman I met today

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I have to have my drivers license, my phone, my epi pen and my inhaler with me at all times - that would not all fit in that LG bag. besides the things that are in my purse are there because they are things I want to take with me when I am out and about in case I need them. Why would I go out and leave things like my wallet at home ? 

I think for many, trying to downsize and compress as much as possible is what people try to do in those situations. I went to an antiques fair today. In a small nylon bag I had my keys, phone, meds, suntan lotion, wipes & Advil. I brought a very small wallet - smaller than my usual. It all fit in a tote bag. I have also just used a cross-body bag enough for money w/o wallet, d/l & a CC, essential pills, etc. - very scaled down but I did have essentials. Whatever you really need, compressed as much as you can - then I wear it cross-body.

There are things we can leave at home for a few hours, things we can leave in the car & get them if we need them, and things we HAVE to have with us at all times. I've learned which is what for my outings.

Agreed.

There are women who think that they need to carry everything, including the kitchen sink in their purse.

Also, you have the ones who love to flaunt  their designer label, expen$$$$ive purse in front of everyone.

Respected Contributor

In situations like this, I wear a light jacket and put everything I need in the zippered pocket. 

I don't know how she thought it was her purse, it's not like she held her's up and said "oh my gosh, I have the same one."

Esteemed Contributor

Honestly, it sounds as though this lady has a mental health issue. A "true thief" would probably tried to cover up by over apologizing. I believe I would leave my purse locked in the trunk of my car and put my car keys in a pocket in the future.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I can't imagine watching someone go into my purse once, let alone 3 times.  I would have said something the first time. 

Someone my SIL works with just got fired because someone walked in and found her rummaging through co-workers' purses. 

Honored Contributor

Depending where we are or what we're doing is what leads me to what size bag to carry for the situation.  Sure makes it easier with the different sizes of wristlets and crossbody bags.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee