Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I have to have my drivers license, my phone, my epi pen and my inhaler with me at all times - that would not all fit in that LG bag. besides the things that are in my purse are there because they are things I want to take with me when I am out and about in case I need them. Why would I go out and leave things like my wallet at home ? 

I think for many, trying to downsize and compress as much as possible is what people try to do in those situations. I went to an antiques fair today. In a small nylon bag I had my keys, phone, meds, suntan lotion, wipes & Advil. I brought a very small wallet - smaller than my usual. It all fit in a tote bag. I have also just used a cross-body bag enough for money w/o wallet, d/l & a CC, essential pills, etc. - very scaled down but I did have essentials. Whatever you really need, compressed as much as you can - then I wear it cross-body.

There are things we can leave at home for a few hours, things we can leave in the car & get them if we need them, and things we HAVE to have with us at all times. I've learned which is what for my outings.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I have to have my drivers license, my phone, my epi pen and my inhaler with me at all times - that would not all fit in that LG bag. besides the things that are in my purse are there because they are things I want to take with me when I am out and about in case I need them. Why would I go out and leave things like my wallet at home ? 

I think for many, trying to downsize and compress as much as possible is what people try to do in those situations. I went to an antiques fair today. In a small nylon bag I had my keys, phone, meds, suntan lotion, wipes & Advil. I brought a very small wallet - smaller than my usual. It all fit in a tote bag. I have also just used a cross-body bag enough for money w/o wallet, d/l & a CC, essential pills, etc. - very scaled down but I did have essentials. Whatever you really need, compressed as much as you can - then I wear it cross-body.

There are things we can leave at home for a few hours, things we can leave in the car & get them if we need them, and things we HAVE to have with us at all times. I've learned which is what for my outings.

This is it in a nutshell. I have gotten to the place where 'my whole world' isn't in my purse anymore. It is a bit of a challenge to get used to, putting together and taking apart my purse for various events or trips (I was always one to carry the same bag with the same stuff for months on end), but in an effort to keep my valuable things safe, yet have other non valuable necessities where I need them, when I need them, I've made some changes in what I carry, where, and when.

Esteemed Contributor

I think she was after more than just a kleenex.  Good thing you caught her before she took the whole purse and ran.

Frequent Contributor

jewel3,

I thought the same thing.

Respected Contributor

@151949  Yes, I think she was rude.  If I had been her I would have been incredibly embarrassed and apologized profusely.  However as another poster mentioned there are just some people who cop an attitude and become defensive if they are ever confronted.  

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I think she was after more than just a kleenex.  Good thing you caught her before she took the whole purse and ran.

Yes!  Many times, people have asked me if I had a Kleenex to give away...I've never come across someone who just went hunting for them like this .

Honored Contributor
I rarely carry a bag anymore. Phone is in back pocket of my pants, keys in front pocket, DL, bank card and Ins. card also in front pocket. Another reason I love wearing jeans. The epi-pen and inhaler I'm sure would fit in some type of small waist-pac along with some of the other items (keys, DL, phone) doesn't have to be that exact bag. Just a suggestion, beats the heck out of having your items and possible your ID stolen. Good luck to you in finding the right solution for you.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Well, you definitely have more understanding and patience than I do! I would of been like "WHAT  the h___ are you doing in MY purse lady?!!?.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

My DH said she is probably at home still trying to figure out how my stuff got into her purse. She probably thinks I pulled some kind of slick trick on her and stole her purse.

Esteemed Contributor

My purse would never be left in a place where anyone would have access to it. And, if it was, I would be screaming holy heck at anyone who went into it the first time to grab a Kleenex. There would have been no second time.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop