Honored Contributor

I volunteer at a food bank every Monday.  We all lock our purses in the trunks of our cars.  I work in the warehouse and there would be no place that I could keep an eye on it.  I kind of dread the postal food drive every year.  We have to check the dates on everything and we throw out so much outdated food that was donated. 

Valued Contributor

Sounds like her body chemistry might be disrupted or that she is ill. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Rude woman I met today

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne I took 3 huge loads of stuff out to the dumpster that was out of date or opened and half used  then donated. I actually found stuff that was out of date in 1998.That is 18 years ago.

Honored Contributor

I would had said something to her ,the first time,and she should had apologized.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@151949

Wow!  You win the prize!  I have volunteered there for 5 years and it makes you very aware.  After the first couple of weeks I went through my pantry and tossed.  We throw out food that is more one year past expiration date. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I would had said something to her ,the first time,and she should had apologized.

The first two times I saw her I was high up on a ladder putting things away so I could not easily just talk to her , the third time I was able to just walk over and speak to her. I would have said something sooner if I had been able to, but I don't scramble up & down ladders very easily anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

Here are two more choices of bags to carry...A274855 or A278093 ...

I think its a shame that people donate all the outdated food they have in their cupboards...

Honored Contributor

Re: Rude woman I met today

[ Edited ]

Yes, the woman has a problem but I don't think it's rudeness.  Thief comes to mind.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
Sorry, I could barely get to your point of the rudeness because I was wondering why you would have your purse sitting out like that. I can guarantee you that no one would have had a second shot at handling my purse once it happened the first time.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes, the woman has a problem but I don't think it's rudeness.

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe because we're both in New Mexico?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~