Honored Contributor

Re: Rude Post Office Employees

Nothing you can do about it. Rude people are every place you turn around.

I know when I was working if you acted like that you would not keep a job very long. The customer was always right & you did not talk back at them.

Guess they can do as they please now. 

Honored Contributor

our post office employees are pretty nice......there are three in our area that i use. my main complaint is is that there are never enough of them. why have 4 or 5 stations in the post office open and then have only 1 or 2 open?

the amount of WRONG mail we get from our carriers has also increased.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Helen852 wrote:

Was in the post office on Tuesday. There was a woman at the customer service desk asking the clerk ... how can I change my zipcode.  She technically lives in one town but her mailing address different. I too am in that situation. I live in one town, pay school taxes to another and property taxes to a different one and have a zip code that represents another.  So she didn't like the fact that her mailing address didn't reflect the 'town' she wanted or actually lived. She stood there for 5 minutes arguing with the man.  She finally said ... how can I get my zip code changed, he very calmly said .... you'll have to move.  There were 3 of us in line and we all had a hard time keeping the laughter bottled up.  

The postal worker was actually very polite to her but she was unable to 'get it'.  

@Helen852.  I have the same situation. My address for 35 years has a town and zip code where I do not live. It is my mailing address. If I want mail, that's how it goes. Frankly, I would rather live in the town of my mailing address than the one I actually live in  and pay taxes to.

Esteemed Contributor

The post office closest to my house has the rudest employees I have ever encountered. Now, no other post office I have been to has been like this. I have never had a problem. It isn't just one employee, it is almost everyone I have encountered. I have complained and I no longer go there anymore which kind of makes me mad because it was so convenient. 

About a month ago, I was on facebook and I noticed one of my friends who lives down the street from me commented about the employees in that post office, saying the same thing about how rude they all were and how it isn't just one but nearly all of them. She had over 40 comments with people telling their experiences. I took a screen shot and sent it to the manager and district manager. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

There's one local (tiny office)  postal worker who gets very snarky with me. The others wear postal uniforms but she doesnt. I order maybe 2-3x per month, track my orders (always the smartpost stuff)  and I see when UPS has delivered packages. The mail carrier leaves at 10AM for her route and UPS delivers to the PO at 12:30.   Sooo I go there a few hours later and ask for my package.  She is realy snarly and rude. "How do you know it is here??" Well we have lots of bins to sort through. "   she does look for the package she just likes to b*t*h about it.

Respected Contributor

I have hit and miss experiences with postal service employees.  My last encounter was exceptional.  I was inquiring about how to set up a change in delivery date.  This was thru their 800 number not a local post office.

The federal government, and other employers really expect their employees to multi-task.  In other words you have specifics assigned duties you must accomplish on a daily/timed basis and customer interaction/service is an add on.      It causes a lot of stress and many times providing customer service is seen as an added burden/intrusion.  However, being rude or uncooperative shouldn't be a norm.  

Frequent Contributor

I have had the same experience when I go to my local post office in the city.  But , if I go to the post office in the suburbs near me, it is a different experience.

Honored Contributor

I guess we are fortunate that the employees are nice at my post office.  They do not have much personality,  and are rather zombie like.... but, never rude. I think the post office job is just one that turns the employee into a kind of Stepford personality.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45  I have the same situation.  Post office clerks are very nice our carrier is another thing.   Mixes mail up almost weekly.   We run around the neighborhood exchanges mail with one another.

Trusted Contributor

The P.O. employees at my Post Office are very rude and very slow moving.  Even though it may cost less to send returns back to QVC using your own label, I would NEVER try to use my P.O. to do that.  I buy stamps at the grocery store.  When I have my mail held while on vacation, the pickup experience is like no other Smiley Mad