Super Contributor
On 1/22/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I had a medical test yesterday morning. I was in the waiting area of the office and sitting about 2 chairs over was a woman who was practically coughing up a lung. She was making no attempt to cover her cough at all. Just playing on her phone, coughing away.

I got up and moved to the other end of the waiting area. At one point she got up and walked out, only to return a few minutes later stinking to high heaven of cigarettes and coughing some more. At one point her phone rang and the ringtone was a rap song complete with the F bomb throughout the song. She finally picked it up (after she quit coughing) and continued with a very loud conversation.

I just don't even know what goes on in people's brains anymore.

Wonder if she is related to the pizza eating waiting room people?

Super Contributor

I'm glad to read all the empathetic responses about coughing and sneezing on others without covering one's mouth or nose.

A few months ago I posted about a woman behind me on line who sneezed so hard without covering her face that it blew my hair. Boy, was I absolutely lambasted by enough people here with remarks like "What do you expect? It happens!" "Some people can't react that quickly when a sneeze comes on!" "Welcome to the real world. Everyone sneezes." "Maybe YOU should wear a mask when you go out."

It's interesting to see responses change depending on who the poster is.

Honored Contributor
On 1/23/2015 bikerbabe said: These threads bother me somewhat. Everyone seems to pile on making it sound like the entire world or at least the entire younger generation (whatever that means) are all rude and without manners. Not true.

I'm not getting that this is a pile on of the younger generation at all.

Super Contributor

I carry a mask with me, and if someone near me ANYWHERE starts coughing, I put it on. Simple as that.

I ended up with COMMUNITY ACQUIRED Double Pneumonia last year and had I not been very healthy to begin with, I hate to think what would have happened to me. It was a nightmare. I am just now, more than six months afterward, starting to feel somewhat like myself.

Protect yourself!!!!

In Sunny AZ
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/23/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 1/23/2015 bikerbabe said: These threads bother me somewhat. Everyone seems to pile on making it sound like the entire world or at least the entire younger generation (whatever that means) are all rude and without manners. Not true.

I'm not getting that this is a pile on of the younger generation at all.

I'm not getting that either. I happen to be "everyone" who responded and the person who was driving me nuts in the surgery center was in her 40s. There are folks who have referred to a wide range of ages or have simply not indicated age at all. In some instances, they've just indicated a place, like a dentist's office. If posts were made specific to teens/young adults and that was all you picked up on, I would urge you to read the entire thread.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Super Contributor

My PCP has a room set aside with about 20 seats for patients with contagious symptoms.

Honored Contributor
On 1/23/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

I give your post a +1000 like, Yorkie.. only we add dumb A to the end of that..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

OMG--I thought I had seen it all, but the F phone is beyond beyond. I don't even think that is legal in MI--some guy was prosecuted here for profanity. I guess it would be artistic freedom in a piece of music?

Contributor

I work in a small office we do in home medical equip. The other day a woman came in to check on a bill of her husbands. Her 2 little kids were with her and the little boy was sick. Coughing, sneezing red eyes the works. Of course, she let them just roam around when he came over around the side of my desk I ask her to please move him away and explained to her I didn't want to get sick! The poor little guy needed to be home in bed and the ? she had she could have called........