Valued Contributor

ugh!

I really hate to be in the grocery store and see people coughing all over the produce -- ick

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Respected Contributor

I wonder why wearing face mask never caught on over here. I watch a lot of tv from Japan and it is no big deal to see people wearing mask, but if we put them on over here people would run from us. ?

Super Contributor

The clinic I go to has hand sanitizer and masks at all elevators. They ask if you are sick, to put on the mask. So, one day I went in with a horrible respiratory infection, and I put on a mask. The doctor's nurse looked at me and asked what was with the mask. I told her I was sick, and she said, "Oh, I'm not used to seeing anyone wearing them, but thank you for caring about others." So apparently I'm the only one who read the sign or noticed them at the elevators.

Super Contributor

These people who love having private phone conversations very loudly in public places are like aliens to me. I don't understand how their brain works.

Regular Contributor

In order for a brain to work, they have to have one.......

Valued Contributor
On 1/22/2015 SnowPink said:

These people who love having private phone conversations very loudly in public places are like aliens to me. I don't understand how their brain works.

That is not as common here........people just sit there and text, at least its quieter,lol...

Trusted Contributor

The coughing isn't surprising. There are a lot of colds and flu around with bad coughs associated.......and when people are sick, they go to the doctor's office! My beef would be with the doctor's office if they don't have a separate waiting area for sick people. I don't like the smell of cigarettes, either, but there's not much you can do about a smoker who steps outside to smoke and returns smelling of cigarettes.

The loud talking on the phone and use of bad language in public was very rude, though. I can't believe how thoughtless and indiscreet some people are with their phones.

Valued Contributor
On 1/22/2015 GoodStuff said:

The coughing isn't surprising. There are a lot of colds and flu around with bad coughs associated.......and when people are sick, they go to the doctor's office! My beef would be with the doctor's office if they don't have a separate waiting area for sick people. I don't like the smell of cigarettes, either, but there's not much you can do about a smoker who steps outside to smoke and returns smelling of cigarettes.

The loud talking on the phone and use of bad language in public was very rude, though. I can't believe how thoughtless and indiscreet some people are with their phones.

What do you think of ADULTS who cough, sneeze all over food, groceries, not even attempting to cover up?...

I agree doctors should have separate waiting areas, hand sanitizer and masks.

Honored Contributor
On 1/22/2015 chickenbutt said:

Manners are all but out of vogue entirely. I don't go out much anymore because I just end up frustrated that it seems like 80% of the people I see are either idiots or aholes. I DO fully realize there are still nice, intelligent, polite people out there and appreciate every bit of that. But they seem to be in the minority.

I was recently at the oral surgeon's office and noticed that I was the only person in the waiting room not glued to a phone - punching away. Clueless. The place could have caught on fire. Up to the point when I was called in, nobody else even acknowledged when their name was called until it was called a few times and the person at the door was getting kind of aggravated. Then they look up like 'who, me?'. No 'sorry about that' or anything. Just abject cluelessness and complete lack of social graces.

ITA. Cool

Respected Contributor

Some people are just plain clueless.

Don't worry, be Happy!