Super Contributor

Re: Rude CS at a dept store cosmetic counter..would you report..?

FWIW, I went right to Sephora and dropped way more $$ than planned, bc the sales girl was HELPFUL......and I also saved 20%....I tried with the DS, but they obviously don't want the business..

Regular Contributor

I am sorry for your experience, but I am not surprised. Customer service, in all walks of life, is not as it used to be. It's almost as if you are bothering the employees by asking for assistance. 

As far as Nordstrom, I even had an issue with Nordstrom employees. I called them on their rude behavior and they were stunned. Maybe customers dont fight back enough. JMO.

Trusted Contributor

Quite a tale.  Seems like a lot of assumptions went on here.  I mean if you really wanted help at the time and you were polite, I would have asked to speak with a manager right then and there.

Two sides to every "story." 

Super Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

Quite a tale.  Seems like a lot of assumptions went on here.  I mean if you really wanted help at the time and you were polite, I would have asked to speak with a manager right then and there.

Two sides to every "story." 

I did call them on my way to Sephora, spoke with the store manager..she claimed to 'not know' who was working in the cosmetics tonight..oh well. Their loss. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@msh8970 wrote:

FWIW, I went right to Sephora and dropped way more $$ than planned, bc the sales girl was HELPFUL......and I also saved 20%....I tried with the DS, but they obviously don't want the business..

@msh8970  Then you have Rouge status at Sephora? Clearly, it was their loss at the dept. store. You enjoy your beauty products.

When i was younger, I used to let things like that bother me. Now, after many years of dealing with sales staff at different stores, I have come to realize that when it comes to makeup counters, it is hit or miss.

Enjoy your new purchases and don't give any of it a second thought.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

When I worked in a department store about 15 years ago, the onlypeople who worked on commission were the ones who sold large appliences, large garden equipment, big ticket tools, and jewelry.

Everybody else, myself included, earned straight pay.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I'm not so sure about cosmetic sales today.

It used to be well-trained personnel for each particular brand in department stores; a professional for Estee, a professional for Lancome, etc.

Now when you walk into Macy's, e.g., you have salespeople who are working multiple counters; so you get one person who is most likely hired off the street, if you will, instead of a trained representative of the particular brand.

Unless you are in an exclusive store for a brand, such an exclusive store for Origins or BE, for example, I think the sales personnel in b&m stores are not well trained or working commission.

This is just my own experience;  ymmv.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Another reason to shop online!

QVC Customer Care