Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@grandma2pkmh I'm 74 and very formal photos have been called portraits for as long as I can remember.

I notice Princess Catherine -- who I wish the press would stop calleding "Kate' now -- seems to be touching her husband while William is standing there stiff with his hands in front.

The other two are touching so this just seems odd to me.

@Love my grandkids @I too noticed that and thought it was strange actually .  King Charles and Camilla have an arm around each other and it looks like Kate also does , but William has his hands folded in front of him ..... body language 🤔.  Probably means nothing he may just not be affectionate in public.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore    Somebody (the Queen?) probably told William early on that it was unseemly to show any public sign of affection toward his wife as you never see them touching or holding hands.  I wish he'd warm up a little and pretend that he actually knows her.  He could at least offer his arm as she todders up stairs or down airplane steps in high heels.  I used to hold my breath when she did that holding a baby.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Royal Family Portrait

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@grandma2pkmh I'm 74 and very formal photos have been called portraits for as long as I can remember.

I notice Princess Catherine -- who I wish the press would stop calleding "Kate' now -- seems to be touching her husband while William is standing there stiff with his hands in front.

The other two are touching so this just seems odd to me.

Here is what body language person thinks

40A04662-D19B-4510-8FF6-C639CBF0AB3A.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I think the photo is good...but both Charles and William have crooked ties...seems someone could have done the final touches on everyone before the photo was taken. I am sure there will be another one soon with Charles and William in full regalia.

Trusted Contributor

It's just protocol.

Honored Contributor

I think it's a very nice portrait. Classy.