Respected Contributor

Royal Christmas Decorations go up in Windsor

queen news queen elizabeth ii royal family christmas windsor castle decorated pictures

queen news queen elizabeth ii royal family christmas windsor castle decorated pictures

Two decorated trees can be admired in these snaps - a 15ft Nordmann Fir tree in the Crimson Drawing Room and a 20ft one placed in St George's Hall. 

One member of the staff can also be seen working on wreaths placed in the State Dining Room. 

The magnificent trees have been decorated mostly with red, white and gold baubles, but staff have scattered around also miniature crowns, little silver wreaths and glass drops. 

To decorate the higher branches of the trees, which come from Windsor Great Park, members of the staff had to climb on ladders or stand on their tiptoes. 

But their efforts were well repaid by the stunning result. 

ALSO

The Royal Collection Trust, which manages the public opening of the official residences of the monarch and looks after her collections, wrote on its website: "To celebrate the 200th anniversary of the births of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in 2019, the Octagon Dining Room will feature a special display of gifts exchanged between the royal couple during the many Christmases they spent together at Windsor Castle.  

The decoration will be enjoyed by the Queen for the next few weeks, as the monarch is expected to spend some time at Windsor Castle before leaving for Sandringham, where she will spend Christmas. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Royal Christmas Decorations go up in Windsor

So gorgeous, @ms traditional,  thanks for posting.   The gold and red decorations are so warm and harmonious with all the permanent gilding and and red accents already in the room.  Stunning.  

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional    thank you for posting these pictures.  I love all things royal. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@Oznell  yes, it looks warm and festive. i hope to post more pictures as available.  happy holidays!

Honored Contributor

You might be able to see live footage on youtube

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

St George's Hall

A Royal Collection Trust member of staff puts the finishing touches to a 20ft Nordmann fir tree, sourced from the Windsor Great Park, in St George's Hall at Windsor Castle, Berkshire

crown decoration

A crown decoration hangs from 20ft Nordmann Fir tree from Windsor Great Park in St George's Hall which has been decorated for the Christmas period

Employees pose with a 20ft Nordmann Fir tree from Windsor Great Park in St George's Hall which has been decorated for the Christmas period

side note - Prince Albert brought in the first Nordemann fir 

The Christmas decorations have become an annual attraction at the castle

Esteemed Contributor

Lovely - wonderful.

Might just do for my tree fix!

Respected Contributor

Magnificent!

Honored Contributor

The Christmas decorations look beautiful.

What I noticed before the decor were the ladies in skirts and dresses on a ladder.  I wonder if all the females must wear dresses on Winsor property.

No way would I wear a dress while on a ladder.  

Honored Contributor

Have pictures of this year's White House decorations been published yet?