Respected Contributor

Re: Royal Carribean has a video of grandfather leaning out the window.

@Lindsays Grandma  I agree wholeheartedly and I also appreciate @cherry as she is kind, thoughtful and sensible . A pleasure also to read her posts. Thankyou!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The family has responded in the media (through their lawyer) to the motion to dismiss.

The family lawyer now states that Royal Caribean cherry picked video for their motion.

RC says there are 11 other cameras and the family is requesting all of it.  They are still saying she was never "outside" the ship.

The family lawyer says they did an accident reenactment and it shows Chloe was never outside the ship.

Okay then.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

from the very start, i always wondered why he would hold the baby up to the window. like she could even comprehend what she was seeing. i thought it was irresponsible of him, and just doubted his innocence. i'm glad there was a video that caught him in his lies. 

When this tragedy first happened. I read that several members of the family were leaving the ship to take an excursion. And because of her age they decided it was best to leave the toddler on the ship with Grandpa.

So the family that was going out and about were standing on the dock. And I guess they knew where the toddler and Grandpa were. So Grandpa picked up the toddler so she could see the family members standing on the dock. 

I don't know where I read that version of events but I never saw that version again. 

I had also read that Royal Carribean had installed many additional security cameras around the ship before this happened. Apparently it was a fad for people to go out on their balconies and stand on the balcony railing as someone takes a picture. 

I think that is why Royal Carribean has video of the entire episode. And probably had additional video.

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@SandySparkles ...You are by far one of the sweetest, kindest, warm hearted poster on these boards.  Never, in all of your posts, have you ever said a mean, nasty, rude, insulting remark.  It is always a pleasure to read your posts.  Heart

I have to agree.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the video but it sounds very damaging to the credibility of the plaintiff.  

Perhaps the grandfather can't recall the circumstances and is guessing at what happened, allowing a suit to go forward without really having a clear idea of how the accident occurred.  This video sounds like it will show exactly what he did or did not do.  It will be very difficult to overcome.

IMO, I don't find the family terribly sympathetic.

Honored Contributor

From the very beginning I thought his recall was probably hindered because he probably had a few drinks and could not remember what actually did transpire.

It is no surprise to me that he was highly negligent as others on the cruise saw what actually did happen.

A tragedy for the entire family and so preventable if only someone realized that grandpa should never have been watching this little one in the first place......

Respected Contributor

I have no idea if he is actually a psycopath and did it deliberately.  I have always believed, however, that he very deliberately lied about his actions.

I know that some on these posts will never believe the cruise line is not at fault - even given this latest evidence.  

Sad

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The best thing that could happen now is that the Grandfather admits the truth...been saying that from day 1.  The only way to heal or go forward from anything remotely like this is to tell the truth.  I hope he listens to his conscious and does this very very soon.

He is clearly the only one responsible for his granddaughter's death.

I also hope the law suit is tossed out or that the family finally comes clean and drops it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma Thank you so much for such kind words! Your comical threads often make my day here, and some have me giggling long after I have read them.😊

It's so nice when we can passionately express differing opinions, and not verbally attack each other. I will sometimes SPANK the media though.LOL The one thing we all have in common, is how much we enjoy these forums.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

He needs to sit in jail for a long long time.  Being an idiot does not absolve a person from negligence.