Honored Contributor

Royal Baby! Princess Beatrice/Edoardo Mozzi

Princess Beatrice’s baby! The royal gave birth to her and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi’s first child together on Saturday, September 18.

“Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are delighted to announce the safe arrival of their daughter on Saturday 18th September 2021, at 23.42, at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London,” Buckingham Palace wrote in a Monday, September 20, announcement.

“The baby weighs 6 pounds and 2 ounces. The new baby’s grandparents and great-grandparents have all been informed and are delighted with the news. The family would like to thank all the staff at the hospital for their wonderful care. Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well.”

Courtesy of Us Weekly

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Royal Baby! Princess Beatrice/Edoardo Mozzi

@KingstonsMom   I love good news about anyone and anything. 

Thank you for posting this delightful news.   May the new little one have a long life filled with good health and love. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

I love all the name speculating after the royal births.  

Congrats to them!

Esteemed Contributor

Awe......love new babies..

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations to the new parents and happy mother and baby are doing well.

I do think it sad that the happy couple can't announce their own babies birth or name the baby what they want.  It must be approved by the Queen first.  

Esteemed Contributor

Waiting to see what they will name her.  If we speculate, will the post be poofed?

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 

Here's an article from People Magazine with the name betting so far:

Princess Beatrice has welcomed her first child — and predictions for what she has named the baby are still rolling in.

After it was announced Monday that Princess Beatrice, 33, and her husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcomed a daughter over the weekend, baby girl names were on every royal fan's mind. On the betting site Ladbrokes, Matilda was the favorite name prediction with 4/1 odds.

Florence (9/2), Arabella (5/1) and Cecelia (5/1) all follow close behind, with Francesca (6/1) and Elizabeth (7/1) next in line.

"It should come as no surprise to see that punters are backing slightly more unusual names for the new royal baby given Beatrice and her sister's monikers," Jessica O'Reilly of Ladbrokes said.

"Matilda and Florence are proving popular names at the top of the betting, along with other Italian-inspired choices such as Arabella and Giovanna."

What Will Princess Beatrice Name Her Baby Girl? See the Latest Predictions (msn.com)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

They probably won't name her Lilibet - the name's already taken.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac 

I would consider it an honor, a special privilege, to have my child's birth announced by the Queen. As to the name, I doubt she would disapprove of any normal name. Too bad she couldn't stop naming a child Apple.

Matilda is leading among those betting on the name.

Honored Contributor

I like Matilda.