Respected Contributor

Don't hold me to it but I heard the Royal Family may be moving to Mars. That way they are sure to have privacy. Let's see how fast that get's rumored.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

My thoughts on names and titles and all that.  Let's assume it's a girl (since she won't get any of Harry's titles) and they don't want her styled as a princess.  Since Edward's (Wessex) daughter is Lady Louise Windsor, I'd assume H and M's daughter would also use Windsor:  I'm going to use Grace in my examples because I like it best.  Hee, hee, hee... Lady Grace Windsor.  But in everyday life she would be Grace Sussex.  

This may or may not be how it works, but it makes sense to me.  Feel free to chime in if you know how it really works.

@faeriemoon  

all royals in Baby Sussex’s immediate bloodline use the surname Mountbatten-Windsor. That’s why Baby Sussex will almost certainly have the same last name on official documents.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Royal Baby Countdown

[ Edited ]

@bathina wrote:
@magicmoodzI agree. Some people harp on the protocol assuming that the Queen is a stickler. Interesting, Michelle Obama discussed her meetings with the Queen and told an interviewer that the Queen said "protocol is all rubbish". I dont think the Queen is quite as stiff and traditional as some want to believe.

@bathina 

For those who seemingly strongly dislike Megan Markle, it is an "innocent"  way to throw shade while using the Queen as a sort of scapegoat, if you will.

It is all very transparent and very predictable.

Honored Contributor
I love the name Grace....on the news today they said the baby “is due sometime this spring”. I wonder if the baby will be born and they will announce it to the press when the baby is 6 months old.....I do understand why Harry loathes the press, however.
Honored Contributor

Re: Royal Baby Countdown

[ Edited ]

I have a very hard time believing the Queen would ever say it was all rubbish....perhaps she said not to be preoccupied with it or something. Most of the protocol is not intuitive, so many props to Meghan for being willing to stick her toe into the royal pool....she seems to be doing just fine.

Respected Contributor
@lovesrecess- believe it. It's what she said according to MO who recounted the story in an interview. Google it. Unless you believe MO publicly lied about the Queen.
Respected Contributor

After the birth, all three will retreat to Africa and hopefully out of the news.  

Honored Contributor

I must be the only person who could care less about this baby.... the name or anything to do with Markle and the royal family.  It just does not interest me at all. Why people make such a fuss. It is on the headlines of the news up there with the school and church shootings  and murders. .... just why?

Honored Contributor

The baby will be here very soon, I just read that Harry will be on an official trip to The Netherlands on the 8th and 9th of May which is next week. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Count me among those interested in this new child.  These are challenging times, and one never knows about the impact this new little being will have on the world.

Even if you don't care a fig for the child's mother or father, the new Little might enchant you for one reason or another.  

(I do not want to place an unreasonable burden on this child -- It does not have to save the world --- just hoping it arrives healthy and leads a good and noble life.)