Trusted Contributor

Re: Royal Baby Countdown

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

I believe some posters like to depict the Queen as the Big Bad Wolf--nail polish, hosiery, crossing one's legs and on and on.

At this point in her life, I sincerely hope she gives thanks for waking up every morning, puts a smile on her face and shows her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren unconditional love.

Gee, I haven't really noticed posters who feel that way about the Queen.   Maybe you're not a fan.

ETA-  She's not a big smiler, but that doesn't mean she doesn't love her family.

Esteemed Contributor

@magicmoodz,  From everything I have read about the Queen, she adores all of her children, grand and greatgrandchildren.  I have no doubt she showers them with love, smiles while giving thanks for a wonderful life.  She certainly is to be admired.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Contributor

Zara, Savannah are so far down the list,  even for Zara (Princess Anne's daughter) that even if for some reason she ever did become Queen (Zara does not have a title) that like Pope's,  alot of Kings and Queens in the past have changed their name.  

So Queen Maya or King Jackson if their kids ever for some really odd reason become Queen or King (like Queen Elizabeth if you know Royal history was never expected to be Queen),  are highly unlikely.   Chances are they will change their name  to something more regal like Victoria or Edward. 

Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

@Cakers3Gottcha. and I agree about the big shoes to fill but "she' would be just far enough removed from the line of sucession that it may work.  But if she has a boy ,  raguardless of Diana's beloved memory I really will be impressed if the Surname of the divorced wife's family will be used... ever.  can't see Bowles in the running either.  I rather likes someones idea of Diana Doria. Lady Dee Dee would be the sweetheart of the media.

@candys mine  Good points but remember Bowles is not blood.

Plus I always read her name as "Bowels".  Not pretty.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3  YIKES!   Good point again there.   Just wishing them well.  I like to hear the history of who the kids are named after. 

Respected Contributor
@magicmoodz I agree. Some people harp on the protocol assuming that the Queen is a stickler. Interesting, Michelle Obama discussed her meetings with the Queen and told an interviewer that the Queen said "protocol is all rubbish". I dont think the Queen is quite as stiff and traditional as some want to believe.
Honored Contributor

My thoughts on names and titles and all that.  Let's assume it's a girl (since she won't get any of Harry's titles) and they don't want her styled as a princess.  Since Edward's (Wessex) daughter is Lady Louise Windsor, I'd assume H and M's daughter would also use Windsor:  I'm going to use Grace in my examples because I like it best.  Hee, hee, hee... Lady Grace Windsor.  But in everyday life she would be Grace Sussex.  

This may or may not be how it works, but it makes sense to me.  Feel free to chime in if you know how it really works.

Honored Contributor

So hope if it is a girl ,they have Dianna, in the name.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Truth be told, I don't like the name Doria or Diana.  It would be nice if Diana or Doria were middle names, but not both.  That's overkill.

Honored Contributor

I really hope it's not Diana.  I don't think it will be.

It seems like that name will be a burden more than anything.