Respected Contributor

Re: Roy Horn Dead

[ Edited ]

RIP Roy!  He had previously stated he fell because of high blood pressure and the tiger was trying to help him.  I heard yesterday on the CNN town hall that many of the people who are developing the worst COVID symptoms are those with high blood pressure.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder if there will be more in his sphere who will come down with it.  I wonder how he caught it, if he had travelled lately.... RIP Roy

Valued Contributor

So sad.  May he rest in peace and his grieving close fiends and family be comforted.

Respected Contributor

This is what is so sad  and scary about this virus.  So many die and I fear so many more will die as we open things up again.   

Businesses going under and people with so many hardships.  Can't even go to church and pray as a community for strength.

Esteemed Contributor

When my son was about 13, I took him to Seigfried & Roy's show in Vegas.  It was a fabulous experience!  One we'll both remember all our lives.  It was so sad when Roy was injured on stage, and now this.   Sorry to hear about it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I was sorry to read that coronavirus took him.  Rest in Peace Roy.

Roy Horn Dead: Big Cat-Loving Siegfried & Roy Illusionist Was 75 ...

Is this not the most fabulous photograph?  This is how he will be remembered by the rest of us who were fortunate enough to see their wonderful shows in Las Vegas, on TV and around the rest of the world. 

May he RIP and God Speed Roy Horn!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I feared that would happen. RIP

@proudlyfromNJ  That's an odd reply;  You feared he...specifically...would die from the virus?

@esmerelda  Yes. I read a few days before he passed away that he had the virus. Knowing he has not been in the greatest health, I thought there was a good chance he wouldn't come out of the hospital. Seems you didn't know he had the virus until he died.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama is that a picture of Roy with Mantecore?

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Bird mamais that a picture of Roy with Mantecore?

@Snoopp 

Mantecore was a white tiger.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ  Yes, I didn't know he was sick with the virus. (Why would I?)  He was certainly at risk for it.  I don't know if he was at home or in a facility of some kind.  His injuries from the attack were really severe. 

I was sorry to read of his passing and didn't realize he was 75.  Both of them...Siegfried and Roy...are frozen in time in memory I guess, from "back then."

Keepin' it real.