Respected Contributor

Re: Roundup does cause cancer jury decides

@puttypiesmom, Yes, you are so right.

It is so sad that these mergers and products are being sanctioned.

We can boycott and protest and ask our local governments to not allow their products to be used.

We can also ask our local stores to stop carrying such toxic dangerous products.

Occasional Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

We can boycott and protest and ask our local governments to not allow their products to be used.

We can also ask our local stores to stop carrying such toxic dangerous products.

Very good post!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hennypenny wrote:

@hennypenny, you forget voting for people who care about the environment more than they do for business. That's ultimately the only successful avenue.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3, you are so right!

I was being cautious. Want to make things safe,but don't want to cause the thread to close.

We need to be proactive whenever possible. 

Honored Contributor

I was in Home Depot yesterday. They must have had 500 bottles of Roundup on display at the front of the store....many of the containers are now silver and not white. I wonder if they are trying to give the product a new look in hopes of distancing the look from the white bottle that is the current culprit. I heard a lady tell the very young woman who worked there that they should stop selling it because it was poison. The salesgirl looked so bewildered...the lady was on her way out and said "google it!!" As she was leaving.....lol
Honored Contributor

Mr Cherry and I were in a Home Depot, in the garden section. The fumes that came off the lawn care bags was awful. It was blistering hot ,and it was all you could smell

There were some parents with kiddies, that were just small tykes near me. I excused myself ,and pointed out to them, that smell could be harmful to little ones. They thanked me, and immediately took their wee ones away from it...It might be safe ,but in that heat and closed in conditions who knows?

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I was in Home Depot yesterday. They must have had 500 bottles of Roundup on display at the front of the store....many of the containers are now silver and not white. I wonder if they are trying to give the product a new look in hopes of distancing the look from the white bottle that is the current culprit. I heard a lady tell the very young woman who worked there that they should stop selling it because it was poison. The salesgirl looked so bewildered...the lady was on her way out and said "google it!!" As she was leaving.....lol

@lovesrecessUh...no.  There are three (let's call them) formulations for homeowner use and one of them is in a silver container.  No not trying to change the look.  Making it easy for people to spot the one they want.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Mr Cherry and I were in a Home Depot, in the garden section. The fumes that came off the lawn care bags was awful. It was blistering hot ,and it was all you could smell

There were some parents with kiddies, that were just small tykes near me. I excused myself ,and pointed out to them, that smell could be harmful to little ones. They thanked me, and immediately took their wee ones away from it...It might be safe ,but in that heat and closed in conditions who knows?

I really dislike being in the indoor garden section of ANY store, especially in the spring.  If I have to be there (to get something stored in the same area), I hold my breath and get in and out as soon as I can!

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I just read this morning, there are traces of this  chemical, in several food products, in the US

snip

Glyphosate has also been found in Cheerios and Kellogg's Corn Flakes in the US, as well as Doritos crisps and Ritz crackers.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I just read this morning, there are traces of this  chemical, in several food products, in the US

snip

Glyphosate has also been found in Cheerios and Kellogg's Corn Flakes in the US, as well as Doritos crisps and Ritz crackers.

I also saw this the other day when browsing the internet to read more about Roundup:

October 2017

"A Weed Killer Is Increasingly Showing Up in People's Bodies"

"....The latest study to look at the long-term effects of Roundup, a popular weed killer developed by Monsanto in the 1970s, raises questions about the herbicide’s possible contributions to poor health in certain communities.

The study, published Tuesday in JAMA, tracked people over the age of 50 in southern California from 1993-1996 to 2014-2016, with researchers periodically collecting urine samples during that time.

Researchers led by Paul Mills, professor of family medicine and public health at the University of California San Diego, found that the percentage of people who tested positive for a chemical called glyphosate, which is the active ingredient in the herbicide Roundup, shot up by 500% in that time period.

The levels of glyphosate also spiked by 1208% during that time.

Exactly what that means for human health isn’t quite clear yet. There are few studies of the chemical and its effects on people, although animal studies raise some concerns... "

see article at: time.com/4993877/weed-killer-roundup-levels-humans/

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova