Honored Contributor

Re: Rosie O'Donnell's Daughter Is Missing

@NoelSeven wrote:

My guess is that's why she wants to go with her bio mother.  A troubled woman with a history of drug abuse?  The girl will get her way there.

That may be, but she can't see the guy - he's in jail!  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Update   O'Donnell's daughter turned 18 and went to live with her birth mother, according to the NY Post:

http://pagesix.com/2015/08/26/rosie-odonnells-daughter-leaves-to-live-with-her-birth-mother/?_ga=1.2...

********************************************************************************

I wonder what will happen when she runs out of money? I hope Rosie has turned off the faucet. I do not trust the birth mother.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven

And seeing she has now turned 18, she is an adult in the eyes of the law and nothing can be done in regards to going back to Rosie's home. Rosie cannot force her to come home.

The drug dealer sending a nude photo of himself to her and then she going to meet him, tells me that her mental illness is interfering with her decision making. Like I said, a no win situation for Rosie and the daughter.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

My guess is that's why she wants to go with her bio mother.  A troubled woman with a history of drug abuse?  The girl will get her way there.

That may be, but she can't see the guy - he's in jail!  Smiley Very Happy

He almost doesn't matter.

There will always be other guys lined up in order to take advantage of a vulnerable young girl.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@NoelSeven

And seeing she has now turned 18, she is an adult in the eyes of the law and nothing can be done in regards to going back to Rosie's home. Rosie cannot force her to come home.

The drug dealer sending a nude photo of himself to her and then she going to meet him, tells me that her mental illness is interfering with her decision making. Like I said, a no win situation for Rosie and the daughter.

You are so right, JJM, Rosie can do nothing more other than be there for the girl if she comes back, needs help, and Rosie is willing to give it.

ITA, her decision making capabilities are faulty, which does not bode well for her future.

Honored Contributor

I just read that Rosie's daughter Chelsea, who just turned 18, has gone with her biological mother to Wisconsin to live. I feel terrible for Rosie, she has to be heartbroken. I bet this is a way of Chelsea getting back at her mother for what went on during her disappearance. I can't believe Rosie didn't raise her with every advantage and with love. This is a slap in the face to Rosie. I hope the biological mom will continue getting Chelsea the help she needs. 

Respected Contributor

I am familiar with the family as my grandson has play dates with Rosie's youngest.

One thing I am acutely aware of is the turmoil that was in that family for a few years now. Michelle was very sick and Rosie had a heart attack. There was tremendous stress in their family and often times kids act out...  Rosie herself ended up in divorce with Michelle. All that takes a tremendous toll on a family and teens are very vulnerable.

I hope that her daughter will find peace and closure getting to know her biological mom. I highly doubt that she won't come back to Rosie when things calm down. Rosie is a good mom and loves her children dearly.

Honored Contributor

That's good to know, VE!

Honored Contributor

None of us really knows how mentally "ill" the girl is (i.e. the degree) and in precisely what way; we only know what Rosie or her publicist have said about the situation over the years.

It would certainly seem this is in part rebellion, but we also really do not know what it has been like growing up in the O'Donnell household. From what the public has seen of Rosie the person without her children, she does not seem to be ideal mother material. Rosie has always had her own issues, some of them expressed pretty obnoxiously.  Her public image regarding her children has been controlled by Rosie.

Having expensive clothes and schooling and a mansion roof over your head, along with adopted siblings and at least two different parent partners, and a mother's love that for all we know could be pretty darn controlling and domineering, does not a happy child make. Add to that a media circus throughout her life.this would be true for an emotionally healthy child. Sometimes, "doing your best" for your child may not be so great if the parent has their own ideas about what "best" means.

We just don't know. But I'm not ready to paint Rosie as a saint with an ungrateful, totally screwed up kid.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

That's good to know, VE!

Rosie's in a new relationship too....so there has been a lot of change in her daughter's life. The children were very fond of Michelle..