Honored Contributor

Re: Rosie O'Donnell's Daughter Is Missing

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I just read that Rosie's daughter Chelsea, who just turned 18, has gone with her biological mother to Wisconsin to live.

Did you read it here on this thread? - I posted that plus a link to the story in the NY Post several posts above yours.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I just read that Rosie's daughter Chelsea, who just turned 18, has gone with her biological mother to Wisconsin to live.

Did you read it here on this thread? - I posted that plus a link to the story in the NY Post several posts above yours.

Sorry but I didn't read through all the posts. I actually read it in Newsday. Again I'm sorry.

Honored Contributor

I feel bad for Chelsea because she is clearly not in the position to be making life decisions.  Who knows when she will be able to figure anything out.

But I really feel bad for Rosie who raised her, loved and nurtured her, for her entire childhood and now she is being rejected.  Of course I don't have any way of knowing ALL of what has gone on to bring them to this point.  But it seems most likely that it is like Noel said.  

She's a teenager and there is more there than most teenagers probably have to deal with, in terms of being adopted and suffering with bipolar, etc.   She's just not going to be able to know what the right decisions are for her at this point.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why do I have a feeling this new found relationship with her birth mother is not going to be all sunshine, lollipops and roses?

In the last month the birth mother went public basically saying her baby was stolen, even stating Chelsea's birth date was changed. Chelsea went on the lamb ending up with an older guy, who has history of using and selling drugs, she met on a questionable website.  Chelsea became  an adult.

This is a girl who never wanted for a thing. I have an uneasy feeling about the next chapter of this story..

Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

Hopefully she'll make it through the 'honeymoon' stage with her bio mom and go home where she's truely loved without too much damage.  Her life is going to be hard enough. 

I don't care much for Rosie's personna but I have no doubt she's a loving Mother.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*