Honored Contributor

Re: đź’Ť Rosie O' Donnel is engaged đź’Ť

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I used to LOVE her show.  That's the Rosie I know.  I never watched her on The View.  

So I have images of a happy young lady with a great sense of humor full of love and very upbeat and friendly.

I'm sad to hear she's bi-polar.  She always seemed to be on an even keel, so I guess everything was *in check* then.

She deserves her shot at love---like everyone else.

The most important thing in life, to me --besides my faith, is who I love and who loves me.

@Lucky Charm Rosie suffers from depression. She is not bi-polar. 

Rosie is a good friend of my daughter. She helped with the adoption of my precious grandson. Reading this thread is painful. Public opinion can be cruel.

I'm sorry, my mistake.  Don't know why I said bi-polar.  Depression is hard enough.  Don't mean to sound *flip* by saying she's seemed to be on an even keel either. 

During her show, she was always so happy.  Had some great stories.  Brought the best out of her guests.  I watched her faithfully every day.  Wouldn't miss it.  Smiled and laughed out loud in an empty house!  That's worth it to me.  That's the kind of programs I choose to watch.  And her's was great.

@Lucky Charm...I saw someone else say it on this thread so I wanted to clarify. 

My grandson has had play dates with Rosie's daughter. She is a hands on loving mom. Her public persona is quite different than her private one..

I guess maybe I saw that too about bi polar.  I also see about bitterness, etc.  

That's not the Rosie I watched.  She was a JOY.

I'm the same persona in my public and personal life. What is the difference with Rosie's-- I'm wondering?

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I used to LOVE her show.  That's the Rosie I know.  I never watched her on The View.  

So I have images of a happy young lady with a great sense of humor full of love and very upbeat and friendly.

I'm sad to hear she's bi-polar.  She always seemed to be on an even keel, so I guess everything was *in check* then.

The most important thing in life, to me --besides my faith, is who I love and who loves me.

Rosie is a good friend of my daughter. She helped with the adoption of my precious grandson. Reading this thread is painful. Public opinion can be cruel.

I'm sorry, my mistake.  Don't know why I said bi-polar.  Depression is hard enough.  Don't mean to sound *flip* by saying she's seemed to be on an even keel either. 

During her show, she was always so happy.  Had some great stories.  Brought the best out of her guests.  I watched her faithfully every day.  Wouldn't miss it.  Smiled and laughed out loud in an empty house!  That's worth it to me.  That's the kind of programs I choose to watch.  And her's was great.

@Lucky Charm...I saw someone else say it on this thread so I wanted to clarify. 

My grandson has had play dates with Rosie's daughter. She is a hands on loving mom. Her public persona is quite different than her private one..

I guess maybe I saw that too about bi polar.  I also see about bitterness, etc.  

That's not the Rosie I watched.  She was a JOY.

I'm the same persona in my public and personal life. What is the difference with Rosie's-- I'm wondering?

I think Rosie is political and outspoken regarding her belief system. She doesn't mince words and with folks who disagree she can be polarizing. That's my take on why we are seeing some of the replies on this thread...

Respected Contributor

Too bad being happy hasn't stopped her hateful ugliness.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

In the past, Rosie has done things ,that made me wince ,because of how cruel she was..I think she runs on emotions, rather than being guided by  reason ,and compassion

However ,I have also seen her  be the total opposite. She wanted to buy Honey Boo Boo a new home..Thank goodness something clicked in and she realized she was going to extremes..I think she might have decide to take her to a toy store and let her choose something for herself.

She is a person of extremes, which is  sort of the way, some bipolar people are..Even when I think she has gone way too far, I remind myself she has issues ,other people might not be able to understand. She must live with them, and it can't be a picnic for her

I never watched her TV show,because ,I couldn't stand to watch her , just  take over everything. She always had to be center stage..It doesn't stop me from wishing her well.

What I find troubling is that bipolar disease is not preventing someone from adopting a child even though they must disclose it as well as which medications they are taking and a plan for who will watch the kids should hospitalization be needed.  From what I've been reading domestic adoption agencies are more willing than international to not turn someone down with bipolar disease.  

When Rosie had her talk show I think her bipolar disease wasn't spoken about and I just thought she was very funny to watch and loved her enthusiasm and energy.  I didn't catch all her shows like the controversial ones and have no idea if that would have been a deal breaker for me back then.  

I also think she's a very talented actress.  I am aware of her Showtime series and watched a few episodes and she's very good in it, although I see the show as a real downer and so it doesn't hold interest for me.  

Regarding her public appearances that include protests complete with off key singing - not a big fan of that and it makes me feel that her bipolar disease is in full bloom when she does that, imo.  

@cherry

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I just saw this post.  It makes more sense but I don't know why her name is so associated with bipolar disease if it's not true. @Trinity11

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I just saw this post.  It makes more sense but I don't know why her name is so associated with bipolar disease if it's not true. @Trinity11

It is associated because perhaps in her latest television show she is playing a bi-polar individual.

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@cherry wrote:

In the past, Rosie has done things ,that made me wince ,because of how cruel she was..I think she runs on emotions, rather than being guided by  reason ,and compassion

However ,I have also seen her  be the total opposite. She wanted to buy Honey Boo Boo a new home..Thank goodness something clicked in and she realized she was going to extremes..I think she might have decide to take her to a toy store and let her choose something for herself.

She is a person of extremes, which is  sort of the way, some bipolar people are..Even when I think she has gone way too far, I remind myself she has issues ,other people might not be able to understand. She must live with them, and it can't be a picnic for her

I never watched her TV show,because ,I couldn't stand to watch her , just  take over everything. She always had to be center stage..It doesn't stop me from wishing her well.

What I find troubling is that bipolar disease is not preventing someone from adopting a child even though they must disclose it as well as which medications they are taking and a plan for who will watch the kids should hospitalization be needed.  From what I've been reading domestic adoption agencies are more willing than international to not turn someone down with bipolar disease.  

When Rosie had her talk show I think her bipolar disease wasn't spoken about and I just thought she was very funny to watch and loved her enthusiasm and energy.  I didn't catch all her shows like the controversial ones and have no idea if that would have been a deal breaker for me back then.  

I also think she's a very talented actress.  I am aware of her Showtime series and watched a few episodes and she's very good in it, although I see the show as a real downer and so it doesn't hold interest for me.  

Regarding her public appearances that include protests complete with off key singing - not a big fan of that and it makes me feel that her bipolar disease is in full bloom when she does that, imo.  

@cherry

Off key singing? That was Roseanne.

Trusted Contributor

It was also her @Trinity11 and on the news. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Love is always a wonderful thing.

I don't give a poop what they look like.

ITA  @QueenDanceALot.

There are some very ugly spirited women around here.

I have to agree with you on that...some people just seem to get a kick out of being mean, or is it just plain ignorance?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

It was also her @Trinity11 and on the news. 

Her voice isn't that bad.  I believe you might be referring to the subject matter of a particular song she performed in protest. @puttypiesmom

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~