Respected Contributor

Re: Ronnie Spector Has Died.

I just heard this on GMA. Another sad loss. A beautiful lady with a beautiful voice.

Honored Contributor

I hadn't heard of this either.  There's many now in this age area ....Sorry to hear of another loss.  

Esteemed Contributor

The Ronettes version of "Sleigh Ride" just peaked at number 10 on Billboard's Hot 100 in December!

It was their second highest charting after "Be My Baby".  Quite an accomplishment for a recording from 1963.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

During this year's (2021's) pre-Christmas season, I was watching PBS when they broadcast a show of favorite Christmas songs performed by artists from what they referred to as "My Christmas Music" (or something similar).  The aggregate production included work by Ronnie Spector and the Ronettes, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, etc.

Among the classics aired was "Sleigh Ride" performed by a mature Ronnie Spector.  The song was part of a previous TV Christmas show, by all appearances.

I hope that she knew about, and even watched, this recent mass broadcast of her enormous and singular talent. 

Esteemed Contributor

Listened to a lot of her music back then, and still do in the present. She had "that voice" that really appealed/appeals to me, just as did Karen Carpenter, who died at age 32.

RIP Ronnie, you left behind a legacy of good music for millions to enjoy. Condolences to all her loved ones. 🙏

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple 

I just saw this wonderful image of Ronnie and Eddie Money...two of my all time favorites.  Were they young and beautiful!

Saw Eddie twice in concert in a small venue.  He was  delightful, and talked about Ronnie as she had sung on "Take Me Home Tonight." 

Feeling very old today!

Eddie Money Dead: Remembering the Rocker with These Amazing Stories |  PEOPLE.com

Honored Contributor

Ronnie Spector, a beautiful woman with a voice to match, talented and classy.  Her music will live on and her legacy in the world of music in place.  I too love Sleighride and it has become one of my favorite Christmas songs!  Be My Baby, we all agree on that one!

Another sad loss, may Ronnie be at peace with God.

Witchy Woman, I also loved Eddie Money, what a great picture of him and Ronnie, thanks for sharing!!!!!!

Super Contributor

😥 How very sad. I was just watching a documentary (again) on AXSTV a couple of days ago about Phil Spector’s Wall of Sound. There are some really great clips of The Ronnettes, of course, and I was reminded once again of how exquisite they were and how much I wanted to be Ronnie! Blue-eyed blonde, never gonna happen, of course, nor could I sing. Hate that she is gone, but thank goodness we will ALWAYS have Sleigh Ride and - my favorite - Walking in the Rain. Loved Eddie Money, too, and their duet on Take Me Home Tonight is a great song. He was SO handsome in his day, wow. 🙏
Super Contributor

😥 How very sad. I was just watching a documentary (again) on AXSTV a couple of days ago about Phil Spector’s Wall of Sound. There are some really great clips of The Ronettes, of course, and I was reminded once again of how exquisite they were and how much I wanted to be Ronnie! Blue-eyed blonde, never gonna happen, of course, nor could I sing. Hate that she is gone, but thank goodness we will ALWAYS have Sleigh Ride and - my favorite - Walking in the Rain. Loved Eddie Money, too, and their duet on Take Me Home Tonight is a great song. He was SO handsome in his day, wow. 🙏