Honored Contributor

Re: Ronan Farrow

[ Edited ]

Mia seems like a modern day Khloe Kardashian.  Actually worse, having babies by/with married men.

She wasn't married to Frank that long, I don't think.  Wonder what went wrong?

I always thought of her a sweet, demure, lovely woman, playing the tender victim.

I just feel bad for Rowan or anyone whose paternity is up in the air.  It's like a Jerry Springer show.

What does a man (Rowan) think of his mother for getting to that point?

It's fine and dandy if he wants to be Frank's son, and especially if he is.  But to never have the chance to utter the word 'Dad' to him is very sad. 

Mia put him in that position. 

And like someone said up thread, how sad for Barbara.  Everyone seems to hate Barbara.  Why?

Honored Contributor

I liked the way he spoke today ,he is very handsome also,they know ,but we do not.Smiley Indifferent

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

They can deny it all they want but Ronan is Frank Sinatra’s son!! He looks just like him,period!!

@NicksmomESQ

Nah .....   People see what they want to see.  I think Ronan looks most like his mother.  At this point, who cares if FS was his father?  

@Tinkrbl44  To each their own.We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Mia seems like a modern day Khloe Kardashian.  Actually worse, having babies by/with married men.

She wasn't married to Frank that long, I don't think.  Wonder what went wrong?

I always thought of her a sweet, demure, lovely woman, playing the tender victim.

I just feel bad for Rowan or anyone whose paternity is up in the air.  It's like a Jerry Springer show.

What does a man (Rowan) think of his mother for getting to that point?

It's fine and dandy if he wants to be Frank's son, and especially if he is.  But to never have the chance to utter the word 'Dad' to him is very sad. 

Mia put him in that position. 

And like someone said up thread, how sad for Barbara.  Everyone seems to hate Barbara.  Why?

@Lucky Charm  From everything I've read over the years, including accounts from Mia, Frank didn't like her having her own career.  When she went off to do a movie (forgot now which one) instead of being home for him all the time, he told her (in a very nasty way as I recall) that he was through with the marriage.  He had problems with her independent career and her own celebrity.

Honored Contributor

mia-farrow.jpg

Honored Contributor

Lets face it ,most of the movie stars, and rich and famous are not like us every day people.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I am sure Ronan knows who his father is.

I doubt he thinks any less of his mother, one way or another. He seems to be a respectful man.

Honored Contributor

Mulling over this again (and I have so much work to do!), I, too, think that Ronan knows who his biological father is, and it is Frank.  Why do I feel this?

If his bio-dad were Woody Allen, I believe Ronan would not discuss this matter so calmly and with jest.  I think some anger would seep through.  Yes, there is that one famous joke about what they call Father's Day in his house, but I think that if Woody truly were his dad, Ronan could not crack such a joke.

He seems at peace with who his father is. 

One last bit of my two cents concerns Barbara Sinatra.  Even though she was not popular with Frank's kids, I believe that Frank and his children knew the true parentage of Ronan but vowed to keep it a secret to protect Barbara's feelings and self-pride.  Just a hunch.

Esteemed Contributor

There is no way that Woody Allen is Ronan’s father. Old blue eyes obviously made his presence known. I’m reminded of Prince Harry, who looks more like Diana’s friend, James Hewitt, than Prince Charles. Maury Povich could have a program devoted to these people.

Honored Contributor

Should a father deny his child's existance to save his wife from fainting?

Frank, how noble.....

If true, that makes me think Frank had a deep love for Barbara. 

And no such feelings for Mia and her little bundle o joy.  Just someone familiar to sleep with, I guess.

Seems creepy that Mia would mention her son's paterinity to Vanity Fair.  And after Frank's death.  

I just have to wonder if Rowan was all agog or aghast with this tangled mess swirling around about him and--who his father is------thanks to dear Mom's interview.

A dig (stab in the back) to his beloved Barbara?  Was there jealousy?

Oh well, this mess, like the Kardashian's isn't my mess.  Thank goodness!