Respected Contributor

Re: Rolling Electricity Blackouts in Oklahoma, Arkansas

I'm so sorry for everyone impacted by this terrible storm.  In the past I've been w/o power for a week with snow and ice, miserable.  

Rick Perry should be quiet and some other politicians, too.  This is a living nightmare for those in the thick of it.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be.  Ultimately, the governor is responsible for the efficient operation of all aspects of the state.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

The thing about frozen turbines is false.  Check on google for article about this.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in Arkansas. We lost power Sunday, before we had any snow on the ground. We have since got around 7 inches. Its in drifts, I remember having this kind of snow only a few other times in my life.

Our power was out for around 12 hours, temps in the teens and twenties. I don't know what happened but it wasn't one of the rolling outages. Thank God we have a generator, and a gas fireplace. 

Honored Contributor

It was on a national news show from Oklahoma City channel (can't remember which one) a day or two ago, nothing that these fields weren't contributing to the grid at the time.

The reporter had talked to the power companies.  So I will add that to the conversation.

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Sooner,

My heart goes out to all of those suffering from this odd weather pattern that has locked in your area with frigid temperatures.  Not having the necessities of warmth in cold temperatures and running water of desired degree is frightening and humbling.

We have had our moments in the Mid-Atlantic in the past, and it is harrowing, to say the least.

Times like these make me fear for an all-out attack on the power grids in the U.S.  We are vulnerable.

May you and all in the throes of this wretched cold remain safe.

We had a power outage that lasted about 12 hours when it was in the twenties and teens outside.

This has made me re think some things. If I ever move, I'd like to have some source of wood heat and a good well, even if it was back up.

I kind of always scoffed at the folks who wanted to be totally self suffiecient, but I think they may have the right idea now.

Poor people in Texas without power for days in this horrible cold. I cannot even imagine.