Honored Contributor

Totally forgot this game was even on last night but when saw the SCORE this morning, just goes to PROVE Alabama plays no one through a regular season. They do not deserve to ever be considered a #1 football team. They never play a good team that tests them.

Finally Clemson was one of those many teams that bama could never keep up with on any given day.

Respected Contributor

So proud of the Tigers! Husband is a 1975 Clemson grad...so I'm a Tiger by marriage!

Honored Contributor

Yes, Clemson rolled Alabama.  I didn't watch the game though I heard Clemson scored 30 unanswered points.  Ouch!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to Clemson!! The QB will be amazing to watch the next 2-3 years or however long he stays at Clemson.

Incredible game.

from an OU Sooner forever fan

Respected Contributor

Any team that beats Nick Saban is a team I like!!!  Way to go Dabo !!  Congrats!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

Clemson has a coach that worked under Alabama's Saban. 

With rabid Georgia Dawg fans  and alums in the family, that was quite a victory.  DH's opinion is that Alabama was "out-coached" during that game.   Georgia's coach also worked under Saban.

Clemson isn't in the SEC but Alabama is,  so Georgia fans are happy to see Alabama come down a notch.

Sorta like my DH's opinion that his favorite team on any given day is any team that beats Georgia Tech.

College rivalries can be fun or awful, depending on the day!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Clemson has a coach that worked under Alabama's Saban. 

With rabid Georgia Dawg fans  and alums in the family, that was quite a victory.  DH's opinion is that Alabama was "out-coached" during that game.   Georgia's coach also worked under Saban.

Clemson isn't in the SEC but Alabama is,  so Georgia fans are happy to see Alabama come down a notch.

Sorta like my DH's opinion that his favorite team on any given day is any team that beats Georgia Tech.

College rivalries can be fun or awful, depending on the day!!

@novamc1 I guess your DH has a lot of favorite teams, then! (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  Um, on behalf of the local Georgia Bulldogs especially and my own team LSU, Alabama plays people during the season. 

There is a reason the SEC is the most competitive conference there is and all three of us were in the top 5 consistently this past season and deserved it.  We don't cake walk through like some other conferences whose #1s get blown out when they get to the bowls.  

And as much as I have zero love for Saban, Alabama is a heck of a football team.  Their coach as a human being not so much but their players deserve their accolades.    

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD  Um, on behalf of the local Georgia Bulldogs especially and my own team LSU, Alabama plays people during the season. 

There is a reason the SEC is the most competitive conference there is and all three of us were in the top 5 consistently this past season and deserved it.  We don't cake walk through like some other conferences whose #1s get blown out when they get to the bowls.  

And as much as I have zero love for Saban, Alabama is a heck of a football team.  Their coach as a human being not so much but their players deserve their accolades.    

@Laura14 You are right...Alabama is a heck of a team! I felt sorry for them last night...they just had such shocked looks on their faces. I think we forget sometimes that these players--while certainly "legal" adults--are really just kids, many of them still teenagers, and losing a game like this is heartbreaking for them.

Honored Contributor

Heartbreaking and probably a necessary lesson too  @vermint