Re: Roger Moore ("James Bond") Dies of cancer at age 89

@Desertdi wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Roger is my favorite Bond ever.

Mine, too..........

Ditto

Respected Contributor

Roger Moore brought delightful humor to the role of James Bond.  I just loved him as Bond and as Beau Maverick and Simon (the Saint).

He also was such a great guy in real life.  His friend Audrey Hepburn got him involved in UNICEF.  He did a lot to help the children of the world through that charity.

Today, I saw this tidbit on NPR's website about his view on life after death: 

In an early and never-filmed movie script, Moore read a line that stayed with him the rest of his life. "My attitude about death is, going into the next room, and it's a room the rest of us can't go into because we don't have the key, but when we do get the key, we'll go in there and we'll see one another again."

Hope to see you on the other side, Sir Roger.  Thanks for all the memories and the help you gave to the world's little ones.  God bless you!

Respected Contributor

@Writer with Flairwell said and thank you for bringing his good work to light.  the man had quality.  May he enjoy his afterlife.

Respected Contributor

@Writer with Flair wrote:

Roger Moore brought delightful humor to the role of James Bond.  I just loved him as Bond and as Beau Maverick and Simon (the Saint).

He also was such a great guy in real life.  His friend Audrey Hepburn got him involved in UNICEF.  He did a lot to help the children of the world through that charity.

Today, I saw this tidbit on NPR's website about his view on life after death: 

In an early and never-filmed movie script, Moore read a line that stayed with him the rest of his life. "My attitude about death is, going into the next room, and it's a room the rest of us can't go into because we don't have the key, but when we do get the key, we'll go in there and we'll see one another again."

Hope to see you on the other side, Sir Roger.  Thanks for all the memories and the help you gave to the world's little ones.  God bless you!

Roger Moore was my favorite James Bond by a long shot. He was handsome, elegant and suave. From everything I've heard or read about him, he was charitable and kind to people.