Honored Contributor

Re: Roger Moore ("James Bond") Dies of cancer at age 89

[ Edited ]

Oh, no - we hadn't heard this on the news this morning.  This is quite a shocker. 

Rest in Peace Mr Moore aka Bond, James Bond.

And at age 89, he lived a full life didn't he.  Not my fav Bond though.

Honored Contributor

I remember trying to "get into" his show The Saint during the 1960s when it was on TV but never really understood it.  Maybe if I watched it today I would, but I sure didn't then.

Simon Templar, that was his character.   I think that contributes to why I never liked him as James Bond; I was still ticked off at him for wasting my time trying to understand his stupid TV show!

Honored Contributor

I remember watching 'A View to a Kill' numerous times.

I enjoyed his work, but I'll be honest...I thought he already passed.  

😳

Must have confused him for someone else...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

I remember trying to "get into" his show The Saint during the 1960s when it was on TV but never really understood it.  Maybe if I watched it today I would, but I sure didn't then.

Simon Templar, that was his character.   I think that contributes to why I never liked him as James Bond; I was still ticked off at him for wasting my time trying to understand his stupid TV show!

@Pearlee  I had the opposite reaction - ha.  I liked the The Saint which made me like Roger Moore in the role of James Bond.  I don't know if it was ME TV or not, but it was showing the The Saint for a while and I really enjoyed seeing it.  Maybe they'll have a marathon or begin running that show again in his memory.  He brought us a lot of enjoyment with his various roles.  May he rest in peace.  

Honored Contributor

I watched the Saint and loved that show as a kid

he was such a good looking man

he and Sean were the best Bonds

Honored Contributor

We are a "Bond" family. DH read all of the books when he was young, and has seen all of the movies. Now we have them all on DVD. I caught up later on, and growing up watching them as a teenager, DS developed a passion for them too. When he comes home from college there is always a Bond movie we have to watch! Roger Moore was my favorite Bond - I loved his sense of humor. DH will disagree, saying there is no one like Sean Connery. I don't know what DS would say, probably Daniel Craig - although he's familiar with the older Bonds.

I remember seeing Mr. Moore and this third wife Luisa on an inteview show years ago. They seemed so nice and down to earth. I don't think I ever saw him in anything else, but it's obvious from the family statement that he was close to his children, and he will be missed by the many he helped through his charity work, as well as his many fans. 

Esteemed Contributor

Very Sorry to Hear. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always like Roger Moore he was great in ditective roles but to me he will always be "The Saint" and Sean Conway will always be "James Bond".  It's so sad to hear of his passing another good one gone,  May he RIP.

Honored Contributor

I loved his comment on Grace Jones.

He wouldn't comment. LOL  speaks volumes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very sad.

RIP Heart