Respected Contributor

Re: Roger Goodell upholds Patriots QB Tom Brady's four-game suspension

@SydneyH wrote:

@Topaz Gem wrote:

Good point, CB.  The NFL can overlook a few slaps in the face or drunk driving as long as it doesn't affect the game.  Boys will be boys!  But under-inflated footballs??  Absolutely not.  We must uphold the high standards of the NFL. (major eyeroll)

Preach TG, that's been the prevailing thought on regional radio.  This might not be over as it is being reported that Kraft is furious......

I'm hearing the same thing.  I'm not excusing anything Brady or his assistants did or did not do, but they're making an example of him because he's the one they love to hate.  Belichick has had a spotty record over the years and this is their way of getting back at him.

Brady's performance was better with the footballs that were not deflated, so the whole thing is just a farce.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

Here's the thing.  I am a Giants fan, NJ resident all of my life.  I enjoy the game and I love when Brady comes to town....mostly, because we are so bad.  Godell had no right to do the appeal.  The harsh penalty was to make up for his faux penalty to Rice. Rice a man who beat a woman unconscious: deflating footballs.  Well, ladies that's what the NFL thinks about you and how much it values women.  So support Gudell?  Brady was chosen because people love to hate Brady and it just comes down to fan loyalty.  Brady beats our teams.  This is a man with 3 kids and is a good man and a good father.  His NYC apartment was a block from my former workplace and I would see him with his three kids in the park and just  a nice regular dad.  He was friendly and gracious.  The suspension means nothing to him; the Pats will be better than ever.  It is his legacy that he worries about and up to this controversy, his record was spotless....he didn't beat his wife, no drugs, no alcohol.  He is not the Pats or coach B...so don't judge him in that respect.  I don't believe he did it but if he did...so what? A stupid rule....it didn't affect outcome of any game but it is the boys club rule....not the law...so a higher standard? Really? 

Lastly, why is Brady held to a higher standard than a known politician running for office? I would not give my cell phone to the NFL either... There is a thing called privacy and the NFL is not known for upholding privacy laws.  Lastly, I believe the cell companies only save numbers not messages on their servers so what would that add...they have the messages on the other end.

Thank you. <3

Super Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

It is done every day....employees act to please their bosses without being told....Brady likes balls slightly deflated balls....lets do it to make Tom happy....we will get a big bonus at Christmas or if we win the SB.  Employees act independently every day...Brady did not necessarily know about it or order it.  Look at Bridgegate in NJ.  Christie didn't order it but it was done by employees who thought their boss would be pleased.  I've done it myself...finish a report ahead of schedule, do something beyond expectations...

Thank you. Again. 

Valued Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I was okay with the decision until I found out that Goodell recently reduced the 4 game suspensions of a wife beater and drug user to two games.  Somehow; I don't think that whatever Brady did is the equivalent of beating a woman or abusing drugs.  Whatever happened to the infamous balls, we know Brady didn't actually do anything to them.  I think Goodell was boxed in; the penalty was excessive and not based on much but Goodell couldn't back track and reduce the suspension to two games unless Brady gave him something.  Brady had to admit to something or at least kiss the Commissioner's ring and Brady just won't do that.  This thing is going to court where "we think he knew something or he should have known something" won't hold much weight.  But Tom still won't be playing those first 4 games.

And why was NOTHING done to Roethlisberger when 4 separate women in 4 separate states said he raped them? I am an avid Steelers fan - but that was just wrong plain and simple. I am very dissappointed in Mr Rooney too.

For one thing, BR was not chaged or convicted in a court of law. The evidence was questionable. (according to LE)

AND...he was suspended for 4 games...for pesonal conduct. Had he avoided these situations (partying with pretty young girls) his actions wouldn't give cause for accusaion and speculaion.

The Rooneys decided it was time for him to marry and be a family man, no more running wild. So, that was that. Rooneys don' play.

Honored Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

Here's the thing.  I am a Giants fan, NJ resident all of my life.  I enjoy the game and I love when Brady comes to town....mostly, because we are so bad.  Godell had no right to do the appeal.  The harsh penalty was to make up for his faux penalty to Rice. Rice a man who beat a woman unconscious: deflating footballs.  Well, ladies that's what the NFL thinks about you and how much it values women.  So support Gudell?  Brady was chosen because people love to hate Brady and it just comes down to fan loyalty.  Brady beats our teams.  This is a man with 3 kids and is a good man and a good father.  His NYC apartment was a block from my former workplace and I would see him with his three kids in the park and just  a nice regular dad.  He was friendly and gracious.  The suspension means nothing to him; the Pats will be better than ever.  It is his legacy that he worries about and up to this controversy, his record was spotless....he didn't beat his wife, no drugs, no alcohol.  He is not the Pats or coach B...so don't judge him in that respect.  I don't believe he did it but if he did...so what? A stupid rule....it didn't affect outcome of any game but it is the boys club rule....not the law...so a higher standard? Really? 

Lastly, why is Brady held to a higher standard than a known politician running for office? I would not give my cell phone to the NFL either... There is a thing called privacy and the NFL is not known for upholding privacy laws.  Lastly, I believe the cell companies only save numbers not messages on their servers so what would that add...they have the messages on the other end.

______________________________________-

Greenhouse,  as a fellow Giants fan, I am revoking your Giants fan club card. LOL

Now, before anyone's panties get in a twist, I am teasing Greenhouse.   He/she is entitled to his/her opinion.  I disagree with some of it, agree with some of it.

Let's hope our Giants have a much better season.  Cruz is back! That will certainly help!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Has anyone read about Gisele and her doning a burqa? In a country where it is outlawed?? (France)The rumour is it was to hide her plastic surgery. So needless to say it was in way poor taste and insulting. It was during Ramadan.

Yep the Bradys are just awesome peeps!!!!!!Woman Wink

The Daily Mail has photos. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj  I sure hope we have a better season....or...I may have to recruit Brady lol

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

Has anyone read about Gisele and her doning a burqa? In a country where it is outlawed?? (France)The rumour is it was to hide her plastic surgery. So needless to say it was in way poor taste and insulting. It was during Ramadan.

Yep the Bradys are just awesome peeps!!!!!!Woman Wink

The Daily Mail has photos. 

Not familiar with the story but maybe he doesn't dictate what she wears.........

Respected Contributor

A burqa ?

Sydney if you get the chance read the article or others posted. I just picked the daily mail as they offered a lot of pics as well.  She has insulted a lot of people by her insensitive actions. Not that she is any shining beacon of intelligence but this was just plan stupid.

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

A burqa ?

Sydney if you get the chance read the article or others posted. I just picked the daily mail as they offered a lot of pics as well.  She has insulted a lot of people by her insensitive actions. Not that she is any shining beacon of intelligence but this was just plan stupid.

I'll go look, in general I'll agree she has made some pretty silly public mis-steps, I just don't think that's Tom's 'fault' per se, lol.