Respected Contributor

Re: Roger Goodell upholds Patriots QB Tom Brady's four-game suspension

Uh huh.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I can understand the notion of inequity of punishments.   That doesn't make the punishment of Brady heavy-handed.  It just makes the punishment of the other man too light.

Respected Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

@JAXS mom wrote:

Just saw that one the news. I must have previously missed the fact that he'd destroyed his cell phone that they wanted to see. 

Imagine that LOL

Well, that's the crux of this thing.  There was no subpoena or court order for the phone.  Brady was free to do what he wanted with it.  The decision was made on what the comm "thought" was or might be on the phone.  Really?  Raise your hand if you think it's okay for your employer to suspend you without pay because the employer "thinks"  that maybe you conspired to do something and that if you didn't conspire, you "should have known" about it.   

Valued Contributor

Chickenbut- Pete Rose

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I was okay with the decision until I found out that Goodell recently reduced the 4 game suspensions of a wife beater and drug user to two games.  Somehow; I don't think that whatever Brady did is the equivalent of beating a woman or abusing drugs.  Whatever happened to the infamous balls, we know Brady didn't actually do anything to them.  I think Goodell was boxed in; the penalty was excessive and not based on much but Goodell couldn't back track and reduce the suspension to two games unless Brady gave him something.  Brady had to admit to something or at least kiss the Commissioner's ring and Brady just won't do that.  This thing is going to court where "we think he knew something or he should have known something" won't hold much weight.  But Tom still won't be playing those first 4 games.

If it goes to federal court, I believe he can play.

Respected Contributor

Oh come on poor little Tommy. Smiley Sad He needs to own up to his team and crazy fans already. He was responsible and now he has to accept the consequnces. 

I seriously doubt this multi millinaire will hurt because of the suspension. Never liked him and this just shows what type of whiner he is.

Honored Contributor

Of course he did. Tom Brady messed with a few footballs, which is serious business to the NFL. It's not like a hit a woman (Ray Rice - 2 game suspension) or got arrested for driving while intoxicated (Le’Veon Bell - 3 game suspension dropped to 2 on appeal).

The NFL needs to reevaluate their priorities and lose their non-profit status.

Honored Contributor

I believe Mr. Brady thinks rules apply to mortals.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I heard on the radio Goddell's home in Maine is being watched around the clock, apparently he's 'concerned' about possible vandals......

Super Contributor

I have felt from the very beginning he had something to do with the underinflated balls.

Would two locker room/ball attendants decrease pressure on their own???  Where are they now?

I'd like to see him sit out the four games.  It's my understanding if he takes it to Court, they usually allow the player to play while it is under appeal.  Could be wrong; feel free to correct meWoman Happy