Honored Contributor

If I looked on a map for this, to see where the tree at Christmas time goes, where would I look?  

Did you go  to that in the past?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rockefeller Center in NY

The tree is located at 45 Rockefeller Plaza.  Rockefeller Center runs from 48th - 51st Streets and between 5th and 6th Avenue.

I'm a native New Yorker and have gone to see the tree since I was a young child.  Definitely worth seeing in person

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

Yes...quite a few times.  A must see at Christmas.  

The tree is located at the skating rink...45 Rockefeller Plaza.

Here's a map and how to get there.  

https://www.mapquest.com/us/ny/new-york/10020/45-rockefeller-plz-40.759562,-73.978096

Trusted Contributor

The area around the tree gets very crowded normally.  Who knows what will happen this year?

Also in the immediate area is the skating rink, Radio City, Saks flagship store on 5th and St. Patrick’s Cathedral.  

Also, the building next to the tree is the NBC building.  The NBC store is there and you can take  a tour of the NBC studios for a fee.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newjerseygirl wrote:

The area around the tree gets very crowded normally.  Who knows what will happen this year?

Also in the immediate area is the skating rink, Radio City, Saks flagship store on 5th and St. Patrick’s Cathedral.  

Also, the building next to the tree is the NBC building.  The NBC store is there and you can take  a tour of the NBC studios for a fee.

Will the skating rink be open this year? By Thanksgiving?

Esteemed Contributor

Before I moved, my gal pals and I would go to the tree lighting every year. First, we went for drinks, then had dinner after the lighting and walked around. It was always so much fun.

Trusted Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@newjerseygirl wrote:

Will the skating rink be open this year? By Thanksgiving?

@EatWell  https://www.rockefellercenter.com/attractions/the-rink-at-rockefeller-center/

https://www.rockefellercenter.com/holidays/rockefeller-center-christmas-tree-lighting/

FYI, the tree is not lit until after Thanksgiving.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~