Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - This Stinks!

My daughter bought an Annual pass at Disney World last year and they extended her membership for as many months as the Park was closed...

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma. The RRHF sends a notice in writing to renew (like a billing statement) together with the paperwork indicating all the benefits of being a member and the various membership tiers. I've always mailed it back with my payment.
Honored Contributor

It's been a tough year all over but it's not going to get better by stiffing otherwise loyal customers. There's something to be said about operating in good faith and customers getting what they've paid for... It seems like memberships should be extended... Hard times are not exclusive to organizations... Many customers have experienced hard times too...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Those who find it important to have their memberships extended will call and ask for the extension.  Most will probably consider it a donation and move on with their life.  These are difficult times for so many organizations that continue to need public support.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel for all the arts that have been slammed by Covid. Many if not most are hanging on by a thread. I support anything that we can do to help them stay with us.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

Sounds like many other things in today's life. The good thing? Sounds to me that you have a choice, and what to do is up to you. Don't sound that bad to me. 

I don't know squat about the RRHF, except I like many of those that were voted into it. Other that that, I have run a business and 1 thing is always important to keep it solvent? More $$$ IN than $$$ going OUT. I'm guessing they are up against it, but what do I know?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut. Yes I have a choice because I happened to call in about another matter and during that discussion, something prompted me to ask about the membership extension. However I'm sure most 2020 members ate not calling (esp since you need to leave a voice mail and can't reach anyone we with the employees working from home most of the time) so I don't think having to call in is a great idea. I think they should have sent out letters to the 2020 members saying membership would be extended for one month. Yes the RRHF needs to make money but again, they were closed for longer than a month and this would be a nice "thank you supporting us" gesture for the members. Also as I wrote above, I'm fairly certain members who go during that one free month would spend money while there so the RRHF could make money from patrons during that extension month who might not renew when their membership ends, thereby making money from people who wouldn't have been there.