Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

How did those animals get up there??  

When I was younger I was an avid rock climber but not now...volunteered for our County Search & Rescue. I would be so happy to help out if I could. I hope they find help!

@SilleeMee   Who knows?  Wandered up there but very steep and slick trying to come down.  Rock looks old, weathered and eroded so is very smooth and rounded.  Sheep are dumb but the dog should have been smarter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Someone has to help get them down!  They can't just leave them there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rock Climbers Needed

[ Edited ]

@rms1954   It was a story on an Albuquerque TV station tonight.  I betcha someone or a group will have an idea how to get them down.  I'll let you know what I hear.

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/sheep-owner-asks-for-help-retrieving-flock-after-they-remain-stu... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are about 2/3 the way up on this rock right in the middle.

Screenshot_20200918-215622~2.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They are about 2/3 the way up on this rock right in the middle.

Screenshot_20200918-215622~2.png

Yikes!😮

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Please keep us posted on this situation, I'll worry to death about these poor guys!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Such a sad situation 😥..... sending prayers that someone will help come to rescue these animals.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No early news tonight due to sports events so I emailed the reporter for the sheep story to ask about their status.  She said the sheep were somehow rescued this morning.  Can't wait to get details.

All the resources that might be involved in something like this sheep rescue are busy today searching for a hiker missing since Wednesday in our Sandia Mountains right outside Albuquerque.  Hope they find him too as he's got to be injured somewhere.

@rms1954   @Spurt   @deepwaterdotter   @Anonymous032819  @KingstonsMom   @FancyPhillyshopper. @SeaMaiden 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the update we were hoping for.  Hope they find the missing hiker soon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hiker was found today dead.  The only reason given was "accidental".  Most of the accidents on that trail are caused by falls.  In many places it's very narrow and steep, rocky.  Lots of high drop offs.

@Drythe   @patbz   @deepwaterdotter   @Spurt   @KingstonsMom   @Anonymous032819   @rms1954 @