Respected Contributor

Re: Robin Williams found dead???

He will be greatly missed.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/11/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:

Have to add my favorite work by Robin Williams too.

I must admit I was never much of a fan of Mork and Mindy. And his appearances on talk shows were so hyper as to make me nervous. My husband loved it all but his energy would tire me. But what I loved most was his acting in movies like Dead Poet's Society, Awakenings, and Good Will Hunting.

He was a genius and he could do it all. With all that money and all his contributed to so many worthy causes including various medical charities, I wish someone could have helped him recover mental stability.

I love Awakenings. Such a good movie.

Contributor

The World According To Garp is the one that did it for me.RIP..
Respected Contributor

On Cnn, it was just stated that he recently had heart surgery and that type of surgery can leave one very depressed even though it was successful. I personally think any type of surgery can leave one depressed.

Respected Contributor

On 8/11/2014 Sushismom said:

He will be greatly missed.

Yes. I really liked his last sitcom and was rather surprised it wasn't picked up for another season.

Esteemed Contributor

Such terribly sad news. Its hard to believe someone who made us all laugh till we cried was so sad and didn't want to be here anymore. Rest in Peace dear Robin.

I have to add, if someone is depressed there is help. Please get help. Don't think no one cares, someone always cares. I lost my best friend and cousin to suicide. He thought no one cared. Hundreds were at his funeral. We did care and still care all these years later. The heart break lasts forever.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/11/2014 LImom said: The World According To Garp is the one that did it for me.RIP..

I have never seen that movie. I will have to get it.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

On 8/11/2014 BeckiWV said:
On 8/11/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:

Have to add my favorite work by Robin Williams too.

I must admit I was never much of a fan of Mork and Mindy. And his appearances on talk shows were so hyper as to make me nervous. My husband loved it all but his energy would tire me. But what I loved most was his acting in movies like <em>Dead Poet's Society</em>, <em>Awakenings</em>, and <em>Good Will Hunting</em>.

He was a genius and he could do it all. With all that money and all his contributed to so many worthy causes including various medical charities, I wish someone could have helped him recover mental stability.

I love Awakenings. Such a good movie.

I did too - very underrated.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

This is so sad. How tragic depression, mental illness, and fighting addiction can be. It doesn't matter what you have, who you know, or who you are. He was a comedic GENIUS. I absolutely loved him, though, in Mrs Doubtfire, Good Will Hunting, and Dead Poet's Society. Talk about breadth of work! Oh, and he was great in Patch Adams, too. May he RIP.
Honored Contributor

His heart surgery was in early 2009. If there's been a more recent one, I don't think it was publicized.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices