Respected Contributor

ITA @Kachina624, Jane Fonda is almost 80 and when she made that statement it was over 40 years ago. I guess no one has ever said crazy things when they were younger! 

.  If they've lived good lives since, I give them a pass.

You might give her a pass, but others have been executed for treason.   In 1972 I was also much younger, but I had the good sense not to cause the death of American soldiers. She may have been young, but she had a brain and ought rightlly to have used  it.  Publicity?  Maybe, but people died becuse of her "ignorant youthful ideas".  I don't give a hoot what her political views were. I think she should be banned from any form of public interest. She was and still is IMHO a traitor to the United States of America.

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

While I liked Barefoot in the Park, Electric Horseman was the better movie with them for me.

@VaBelle35  I agree.  I like Barefoot in the Park, but I love The Electric Horseman, one of the few movies I own.  (I also own The Way We Were and Out of Africa.)  It will be interesting to see this third Redford/Fonda movie. I don't have Netflix so maybe it will come to tv some other way eventually. 

Honored Contributor

I just googled it this is actually the 4th movie they starred together in The Chase (1966), Barefoot in the Park (1967) and The Electric Horseman (1979).

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I just googled it this is actually the 4th movie they starred together in The Chase (1966), Barefoot in the Park (1967) and The Electric Horseman (1979).

@I am still oxox  Oh, I forgot about The Chase.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

ITA @Kachina624, Jane Fonda is almost 80 and when she made that statement it was over 40 years ago. I guess no one has ever said crazy things when they were younger! 

.  If they've lived good lives since, I give them a pass.

You might give her a pass, but others have been executed for treason.   In 1972 I was also much younger, but I had the good sense not to cause the death of American soldiers. She may have been young, but she had a brain and ought rightlly to have used  it.  Publicity?  Maybe, but people died becuse of her "ignorant youthful ideas".  I don't give a hoot what her political views were. I think she should be banned from any form of public interest. She was and still is IMHO a traitor to the United States of America.

What a fascinating idea, @Perkup. "...banned from any form of public interest." Just how would that work? Should she not be allowed to leave her residence for fear of creating any public interest? Should I be charged with a crime if I have interest in her?

She is a free citizen and allowed all the freedoms and benefits that the rest of us have, not matter what you think about her past.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Why are the political posts being allowed on this thread? I'm sure many of us would like to discuss the  treason that took place last year, but we all know we can't. 

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

I've alwayss enjoyed Robert Redford, but I wouldn't walk across the street to see Jane Fonda.  How can anyone forget her anti-American actions?  I despise what she stands for and can't imagine why anyone who loves this country would put her in a movie. Shame on them.

@Perkup  I don't know what Jane Fondas political views had to do with her ability to act.  She's a good solid actress.  I've been enjoying her in the series Grace and Frankie on Netflix.  Cute.

When Jane did and said the things she did she was very young.  Youngsters say and do stupid things since have not yet developed good judgment.  If they've lived good lives since, I give them a pass.

@JaneMarple  By the dates you give, she was waaaaay old enough to know better. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

I've alwayss enjoyed Robert Redford, but I wouldn't walk across the street to see Jane Fonda.  How can anyone forget her anti-American actions?  I despise what she stands for and can't imagine why anyone who loves this country would put her in a movie. Shame on them.

@Perkup  I don't know what Jane Fondas political views had to do with her ability to act.  She's a good solid actress.  I've been enjoying her in the series Grace and Frankie on Netflix.  Cute.

When Jane did and said the things she did she was very young.  Youngsters say and do stupid things since have not yet developed good judgment.  If they've lived good lives since, I give them a pass.

@JaneMarple  By the dates you give, she was waaaaay old enough to know better. 

People do change their minds @Pearlee, that's a sign of maturity! Haven't you ever regretted anything that you've said when you were younger? 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Why are the political posts being allowed on this thread? I'm sure many of us would like to discuss the  treason that took place last year, but we all know we can't. 

The subject is not Politics, IMO. It is Ancient History.
Honored Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

While I liked Barefoot in the Park, Electric Horseman was the better movie with them for me.

@VaBelle35  I agree.  I like Barefoot in the Park, but I love The Electric Horseman, one of the few movies I own.  (I also own The Way We Were and Out of Africa.)  It will be interesting to see this third Redford/Fonda movie. I don't have Netflix so maybe it will come to tv some other way eventually. 

I absolutely love Out of Africa.  Everything about it.  The cinematography, the music, the story.  I read the book too.

I always watch The Way We Were when its on and I always cry at the end when she brushes his hair back.  She recreates this in The Prince of Tides and I cry then, too.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN