Trusted Contributor

Re: Road trip to Colorado.........what are the must sees and dos?

@Kachina624  The pass is part of the Million Dollar Highway (U.S. Highway 550) between Ouray and Silverton, and is also part of the San Juan Skyway Scenic Byway.  It's named after the red color to the mountain there. If you go from Silverton to ouray or visa versa you go over it.

There were hardly any campers at Vallecito.  Haven't seen it that low (the water) since the Missionary Ridge fire in 2002.  

Yes we did look look at property in Maine but didn't buy anything.  

It was a great trip.  We had great weather and stayed at the same cottage as last year.  Acadia NP was beautiful.  We stayed mostly close to the coast.  The drive across country was good.  We mostly take secondary roads to avoid traffic and we come across some beautiful scenery that way.  

The day we got to PA I told DH I can relax tonight we are out of tornado alley...well at 11pm my phone woke me up with a tornado warning.  A tornado touched down in Wilkes-Barre, Pa...close to where we were staying...DH is like don't worry go back to sleep...the next morning on the news it showed the damage there...we couldn't believe it...the weather is just crazy...

DW

Honored Contributor

Re: Road trip to Colorado.........what are the must sees and dos?

@dancingwoman.  Sounds as though you had a nice trip.  I love road trips across country.  The coast of Maine is a million miles from what you're accustomed to in Colorado.  Im sure the change of scenery was refreshing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment