Esteemed Contributor

The Diving pools at the Olympic Stadium in Rio has a $64,000 question that needs answering.

Up until today, all the water activities (diving, swimming, and so on) the water was blue in the pools they have set up.  Today, however one of the pools has GREEN water and no one knows why!  Nobody knows why it's not "blue" anymore.  Water sports are still continuing despite not knowing why the water turned a totally different color.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a62558/olympics-diving-pool-green-color/

Would you be worried?  I would definitely want some answers.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

I would, too! The coaches should keep on top of it! My guess (hope ) is that it is underwater lighting!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

No, I would not be worried. I'd have been smart enough to stay home.

Honored Contributor

Eeeew! Could be a sign of contamination.Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

LMNO P??????

Honored Contributor

Blue plus Yellow = Green

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Blue plus Yellow = Green

I think I get what you're saying.  That would have to be the case in just about every public pool in the US or Rio!

I'm reading some sort of contamination (and don't swollow the water).

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

It continues to get a murkier green color, which is not only a disgusting nuisance to see, but it's starting to be dangerous for the athletes.  The divers, especially, are used to seeing the bottom of the pool which is very important to have that visual.  Awful.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Perhaps someone thought it was St. Patrick's Day.

Honored Contributor

Officials said they were investigation the cause of the “situation.” However, Rio spokesman Mario Andrada told the Associated Press that the culprit behind the color change was “a proliferation of algae.” “This was because of heat and a lack of wind,” he said.

Andrada added that chemical tests were conducted and that the pool should be blue again soon.

http://time.com/4446210/water-rio-olympics-pool-green-blue-algae/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein