Esteemed Contributor

Ringo Starr concert tour questions?

[ Edited ]

I posted before about Ringos tour (probably 2 years? ago), but never got to go then. He is touring near us this Summer with his All Starr band (Todd Rundgren etc). I am wondering for those who saw him how much the tickets are (ballpark figure) because the prices are not posted yet. And did you get them online through ticketmaster or is it better to go to the venue to get them and wait in line? And did they sell out fast? I MUST go this time, and I want DH and I to take my oldest granddaugther because he is her favorite Beatle! Any info will be appreciated.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

Re: Ringo Starr concert tour questions?

I saw his show in October, at the Lyric in Baltimore. Ticketmaster was the only option as far as I know. The most expensive seats (VIP) were somewhere around $250. We had the next best seats, which were just a few rows behind the last VIP row. I don't remember the exact face value, but the total for each seat after fees & taxes was $135.

Most of the best seats other than VIP went fairly quickly. The date and time tickets are to go on sale will be announced in advance. Make sure to log on at that time, and just go for best available. I think you can exclude VIP if you're not interested. Don't waste time shopping.

If you don't have a Ticketmaster account, set one up now so you'll be ready. It's a great show! Not just Ringo and Beatle songs, but songs from the other band members' groups too, mostly 70s & 80s. Good luck!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U

Yes, I agree with the all that the other poster wrote from prices, etc.  Oh, it was a wonderful show!  DH and I went a few months ago.  I am a big Beatles fan from way, way back, as I know you are.  I knew I would enjoy but I honestly did not expect it to be as good as it was, nor as much fun.  Ringo was just so energetic and bounced around like a man less than half his age!  He looked amazing!  And all the others he had with him --- were wonderful, wonderful!!!  Yes, you are right --- you MUST go!!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We've seen him a few times, the last time 2 or 3 summers ago.  I do not remember the exact cost of the tickets but they were less than most other concerts we've attended. ($100-$125) We bought our tickets  through Ticketmaster.  They were still selling tickets at the venue the night of the concert. None of the All Star Band concerts we've attended were sellouts.

Respected Contributor

It's been a few years since I have seen Ringo in concert, but it is worh going to. Great fun. Ringo is very entertaining & he always gets a great band together.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all for the info and reviews on how you enjoyed the concert! We have a ticketmaster account (from before) so I am set and will attempt zooming in when they go on sale. Fingers crossed! I cant wait and my granddaughter (that we intend to take with) will be 18 by then, but anyway she will love it!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles