Esteemed Contributor

Northerners and many in the Eastern parts of North America are in for a once in a lifetime treat when the "Annular Eclipse at 5:24a.m. The farther North you live, the better your chances of viewing this partial eclipse.

Early on the morning of June 10, an eerie and most unusual sight awaits residents who live around the northern Great Lakes, eastward to across New York state, New England and southeast Canada. At least four-fifths of the sun's diameter will be eclipsed by the dark disk of the moon as the sun ascends above the east-northeast horizon. 

https://www.nasa.gov/content/june-10-2021-eclipse

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ring of Fire Eclipse: 2021

I get so excited for these things and in Pennsylvania it always gets socked in with clouds and we never get to see. Fingers crossed 🤞 for clear skies here. 

Esteemed Contributor

I drove to a nearby mountaintop early this morning to see the solar eclipse.

I did catch the beginning from my good vantage point, but then the cloud cover became greater and obscured my view.

Bad timing!

Respected Contributor

I went out about 5:20 a.m. and stayed out until about 5:50 and saw nothing. A bit cloudy in my part of PA. I'm bummed out. Guess I'll have to see it online.

Esteemed Contributor

We had a mostly clear morning with a pretty sunrise.  We went outside to try to view but we didn't see anything at all???   We're in RI.  We usually get a good view of things if it's clear as we are high up on a hill.

Honored Contributor

I was up but had not checked the ideal time to look for this Fire Eclipse and otherwise remained uncurious (very unlike me!).  Now I regret not hustling to look and see the event.

PHOTOS: ‘Ring of fire’ seen as annular eclipse dazzles DC region

A crescent sun graced the skies across parts of the Northern Hemisphere on Thursday morning, as an annular solar eclipse took place — one in which the moon is far enough away from the Earth not to cover the sun completely, unlike 2017"s total eclipse, giving it a ring-like appearance. While the eclipse was visible in full for central Canada through the Arctic into northern Russia, D.C. and Baltimore had a chance to catch it in its final stages moments after sunrise.

See photos below from the Baltimore and D.C. regions, and throughout the U.S. East Coast.

© 2021 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area.

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76beautiful photos.  I heard my weatherman explaining yesterday that it would be about cloud cover if you'd be able to see it.  The pictures you provided are beautiful.  I was asleep a 5:24a.m.  I would not have been able to see it in real time.

Thank you so much for the photos.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@golding76 

Thank you so much for posting these photos!

I love these sort of events and was up very early this morning but could see nothing here.  Your photos made up for my missing it!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward